Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Fantasy Grounds Unlimited License and Demo License

I have purchased the Ultimate License to Fantasy Grounds. How do I set it up so I can have multiple demo games connect to me as host?
    I was told that since I have the ultimate license I can have an unlimited amount of demo games join my game

Hi Shirigu, and Welcome! to the Community,

Basically, you start a new campaign (or an existing one) and either tell your players the External IP Address or the Alias Information (you may have to hit the Generate Alias Button), and then the players just enter that info into the appropriate area when they "Join Game" - that's about it.

If you haven't done so already, let me encourage you to take a look at some of the great Tutorial Videos available on the Fantasy Grounds Wiki (and on YouTube). Damn's are good, as are Xorn's, and people seem to like mine as well (mine are also available from the links in my sig, below).

Start with the ones on the CoreRPG, because the CoreRPG forms the foundation of just about all the RPGs we play with Fantasy Grounds - so by learning how to use FG with the CoreRPG you'll learn about 80% of what you'll need to know to play any RPG with Fantasy Grounds. Once you've gone through the CoreRPG Videos you can then go on to Videos about your chosen RPG.

When you get familiar with the basic Fantasy Grounds product the next step is to check out some of the Extensions (Plug-Ins) for FG, such as the DOE: Sound, DOE: Locations, DOE: Weather and DOE: Organisations Extensions (to name a but a few - and a Shameless™ Self Plug).

You may also want to drop into the FG College; a great place for newcomers to get started.

And of course, there's plenty of Twitch Channels where you can watch games in progress (including my own - https://www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz - another Shameless™ Self Plug).

And keep on asking questions - we're a pretty friendly lot here, and we love answering questions.

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

1. Test your connection at the FG splash screen to make sure that players can connect to your from outside.
    2. Tell the players to download and update the DEMO version of Fantasy Grounds.
    3. Load up your campaign. It needs to be up and running.
    4. Have the players join your game by entering either your external i.p. address, or your alias, at the join game screen.
    5. You will see a message like "John connecting" in the chat box right away, long before the player knows if it worked. At that point it is just a matter of waiting for the data transfer to complete.
    6. This one is the most important --- Have fun!!!

Well, I found out what was wrong. I did not put the Ultimate License code in the right box. Its there now all fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirigu View Post
    Well, I found out what was wrong. I did not put the Ultimate License code in the right box. Its there now all fixed.
    Yeah, that'd help too
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Hey there (Down-under) Dulux-OZ
    I'm just feeling my way around FG and want to inititally use for Traveller RPG... I am regular subscriber and have downloaded rule set and a Traveller module....all good...
    What I need someone to tell me is whether or not my oldest son who lives a distance from me can look for FREE at this adventure I've begun just as a demo?
    CAN he just download FG for free and somehow connect to my adventure I've loaded....just to observe?

Blog Entries
    Only if you have an Ultimate license.
    If you have an Ultimate license and number of demo users can connect.
    If you have a Standard license then the only time a demo user can connect is when they are the only client connected.

Blog Entries
    With a standard license your son can connect to you and you can show them around etc. But you will be in 'demo' mode, meaning you won't be able to save any changes you make to the campaign (i.e. 'play').

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    With a standard license your son can connect to you and you can show them around etc. But you will be in 'demo' mode, meaning you won't be able to save any changes you make to the campaign (i.e. 'play').
    Apparently your game will save now.

Let us hope it works.....

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Apparently your game will save now.
    LET us hope it works...
    I have sent instruction for download and connection...ONLY ONE CLIENT....

Thread Information