STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Resolve Not Calculating Correctly 6 Out Of 7 Characters

*** SOLVED ***

In the stat block there is an editor icon. Set the appropriate value there. See this screenshot:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cuqpgc6tl3...solve.png?dl=0

*** EDIT ***

I found that this is a known issue here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post444104

A long rest did not fix my party of new characters, so I'm guessing the patch is still incoming. It doesn't appear that I can delete this post, so please ignore or delete. Sorry!

=== ORIGINAL ===

Hey All,

I want to run a Starfinder game, and I've been reading the rules for a while. So, today I decided to build seven characters (using all core races and classes) to wrap my head around character creation and the rules.

Everything went pretty well, but I have one issue with the max resolve that keeps bothering me.

Six out of seven characters are not calculating max resolve points correctly. They are all sitting at 1 max resolve except the Soldier (which is the only one you need to make a choice for).

I don't seem to be able to edit this field. I can give it a bonus, but that seems to be it.

Here's what I have:

Envoy - CHA 18 - 1 Max Resolve (Should be 5, 1 LVL, 4 CHA)
    Mechanic - INT 18 - 1 Max Resolve (Should be 5, 1 LVL, 4 INT)
    Mystic - WIS 18 - 1 Max Resolve (Should be 5, 1 LVL, 4 WIS)
    Operative - DEX 18 - 1 Max Resolve (Should be 5, 1 LVL, 4 DEX)
    Technomancer - INT 18 - 1 Max Resolve (Should be 5, 1 LVL, 4 INT)
    Solarian - CHA 10 - 1 Max Resolve (Should be 1, 1 LVL, 0 CHA) ***this looks right, but when testing the value doesn't go up if CHA is permanently increased to 18
    Soldier - DEX 16 - 4 Max Resolve

I've attached a screenshot, but I've checked all the characters and the proper stat is showing up on the "class & level" sheet. I can't see a difference except Soldier prompted me to pick DEX or STR as my primary, where the others are hard coded.

Modules:
    I started with all core + an adventure (Against the Aeon Throne Pt. 1). I reduced it down to Core Players Guide, restarted, and it's no different.

Extensions:
    I stated with Window saver. Now it's none. No difference.

Sorry if this isn't the right place. I guessed that ruleset issues go here, but if it needs to be moved let me know.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kallussed; July 17th, 2019 at 17:10.

Blog Entries
    Welcome Kallussed
    You have posted this in the Pathfinder 2 forum rather than the Starfinder forum.

Moved to the Starfinder forum.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Rev 1.0.14 is now Live,
    This revision fixes the RP calculations at 1st level. A Long rest is no longer required.
    Last edited by Samarex; July 17th, 2019 at 00:59.
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

Quote Originally Posted by Samarex View Post
    Rev 1.0.14 is now Live,
    This revision fixes the RP calculations at 1st level. A Long rest is no longer required.
    Hey Russel, thanks for the update.

I updated my modules, re-opened the campaign, and my characters are still sitting at one resolve. I tried putting the characters on the combat tracker and doing a long rest, but that didn't fix it.

Any ideas? The characters are all LV 1 created July 14th or 15th. The party was for me to learn and has never played.

Is there some command I can type or anything that can force that to update?

I made a copy of the campaign to experiment with. Adding levels didn't fix it, but adding the 4th level changed "1" Resolve into "2" Resolve. So, that part seems to work.

The only way I've been able to fix it is to delete the class and re-add it. So, I have a workaround, but I thought I should toss this out here for you and others to know.

Thanks!

Have you tried going into the characters ability scores in the sheet and click on the little magnifying glass then setting the the key ability score from there and then resting?

Quote Originally Posted by Davido1000 View Post
    Have you tried going into the characters ability scores in the sheet and click on the little magnifying glass then setting the the key ability score from there and then resting?
    Yep. Screenshot in the first post should have made this clear, but just in case it didn't, I've tried just about everything I've read. Thanks for the tip though, maybe it will help someone else.

Try recreating one of the characters just to see if the new copy is correct under the new update.

EDIT !!!!! Bah nevermind. thats the last thing you said worked.

I'm guessing that the fix is for initial character creation (when the first class is added), or at a key point (e.g. adding a class at level 4) - i.e. populating the required fields correctly. I would be surprised if the fix would change fields already in the database until an event (e.g. adding a class at level 4) occurs. But we'll need @Samarex to confirm exactly what the fix is and how it work.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yeah, adding the class level (a.k.a. level 1 char levels up to 2) did nothing. When there was a change (level 3 char levels up to 4) it went from 1 Resolve to 2, but it never fixed the missing +4 from the key ability score. I'm happy to zip the campaign and attach if desired.

Thread Information