STAR TREK 2d20
Page 6 of 13 First ... 45678 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by graziano.girelli View Post
    Ah... ok! Thanks! Now i can proceed. Just a last question: the "armor and modifier" section in object sheet must be used only with armor and shields?
    "Armor" type items are the only ones that can have a "base AC" value. Armor and all the rest can use the "Modifier" field.

There are some special behaviors for rings/cloaks in how they react when armor is worn and/or magic armor (see DMG on ring/cloaks).
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    "Armor" type items are the only ones that can have a "base AC" value. Armor and all the rest can use the "Modifier" field.

There are some special behaviors for rings/cloaks in how they react when armor is worn and/or magic armor (see DMG on ring/cloaks).
    Checked!

Now everything seems to work in right way. Thanks again!

The only part i'm not able to do is set the "exclusivity" of this ring for the bard class. I try with "IF BARD" but this set the level of the class... and it's not correct.
    Last edited by graziano.girelli; February 1st, 2020 at 09:34.

Now everything seems to work in right way. Thanks again!

The only part i'm not able to do is set the "exclusivity" of this ring for the bard class. I try with "IF BARD" but this set the level of the class... and it's not correct.
    There is no way to automate setting a item to be class specific.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Understand.
    But i have another question (excuse me for this :-():
    i wrote the ring of beauty, that add +2 to charisma.
    I set "CHA: 2" in the effect section of the sheet, but the ability didn't change. You told only ability change in main page. I try to made a Charisma check but the value didn't change. It's 7 and remain 7. Is it correct?

Understand.
    But i have another question (excuse me for this :-():
    i wrote the ring of beauty, that add +2 to charisma.
    I set "CHA: 2" in the effect section of the sheet, but the ability didn't change. You told only ability change in main page. I try to made a Charisma check but the value didn't change. It's 7 and remain 7. Is it correct?
    CHA:2

Should change a Charisma of 7 to 9.

Keep in mind for that to work the PC has to be in the combat tracker. Effects are not "utilized" unless they are in the CT.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    CHA:2

Should change a Charisma of 7 to 9.

Keep in mind for that to work the PC has to be in the combat tracker. Effects are not "utilized" unless they are in the CT.
    The character was already inside combat tracker. When i remove and then add again the modifier is correct.

So, with how FG manages characters it's pretty difficult to automate level drain. Because of that I've got my own house rule on how I manage it. Here is how I do it.

These are custom effects that have no duration and are hidden from player view.

Level Drain 1(d10);INIT:1;SAVE:-1;CHECK:-1;ATK:-1;DMG:-1;STR:-1;DEX:-1;CHA:-1;CON:-1;ARCANE:-1;DIVINE:-1;HP: -[1d10]

Level Drain 1(d4);INIT:1;SAVE:-1;CHECK:-1;ATK:-1;DMG:-1;STR:-1;DEX:-1;CHA:-1;CON:-1;ARCANE:-1;DIVINE:-1;HP: -[1d4]

Level Drain 1(d6);INIT:1;SAVE:-1;CHECK:-1;ATK:-1;DMG:-1;STR:-1;DEX:-1;CHA:-1;CON:-1;ARCANE:-1;DIVINE:-1;HP: -[1d6]

Level Drain 1(d8);INIT:1;SAVE:-1;CHECK:-1;ATK:-1;DMG:-1;STR:-1;DEX:-1;CHA:-1;CON:-1;ARCANE:-1;DIVINE:-1;HP: -[1d8]

I have 4 so that I can apply them for whatever HD that class uses. If it's a Warrior, I use the d10, wizard, the d4 and so on. When the effect is placed on the target a random 1dX value will be rolled and the HP max will be reduced by that amount. This will reduce the target's base health by dX amount (doesn't cause damage, it reduces their max), initiative, save, ability/skill checks, attacks, damage, str, dex and charisma will all be worsened by 1. Arcane and divine caster levels will also be reduced by 1 (keep in mind this is just casting level, it doesn't reduce number of spell slots/etc).
    ---

Nice, I might have to consider this for normal table use. It sounds intriguing.

I used to track every players stats at the start of their level in the event this ever happened. Other than killing a lvl 1 and a lvl 2, I think I only recall ever using it once in 10 years. Was a lot of book keeping for that

I expect you are lowering each of the stars to make it more of a hit since they may not even lose full hp gained (not even con adjust) plus their “lvl” stays same (I like the spell casting AT level changes - I’d leave them with all their slots just less effective)

And of course, get drained N times over your history without restoring where N = “real” level, and you is a wraith or specter or whatever.

Any thoughts on Cel’s and above as general rules for draining in AD&D? I’d like to get ideas. Rarely happens but hard to have to figure it at last minute of did happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Varsuuk View Post

I expect you are lowering each of the stars to make it more of a hit since they may not even lose full hp gained (not even con adjust) plus their “lvl” stays same (I like the spell casting AT level changes - I’d leave them with all their slots just less effective)
    If your con goes down so does your HP if it granted you extra HP. So the CON: -1 will affect total HP if you have a con modifier.
    ---

Thread Information