5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    One of my players is having the same problem with their mac on a D&D 5e campaign. Tried different maps, from different vendors. I have asked her to delete FG and reload. I have a Windows laptop that I test stuff and I don't have the issue, nor does my windows machine running as GM[ ATTACH=CONFIG]38882[/ATTACH]Pink.jpg

UPDATE: Player uninstalled and reinstalled FG with patch and still has same issue.

I have asked her to reinstall and NOT patch and see if she has the same issue. It was working before the most recent patch on the same computer.
    Last edited by Bubbalotski; August 28th, 2020 at 05:22. Reason: Adding image

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbalotski View Post
    One of my players is having the same problem with their mac on a D&D 5e campaign. Tried different maps, from different vendors. I have asked her to delete FG and reload. I have a Windows laptop that I test stuff and I don't have the issue, nor does my windows machine running as GM[ ATTACH=CONFIG]38882[/ATTACH]Pink.jpg

UPDATE: Player uninstalled and reinstalled FG with patch and still has same issue.

I have asked her to reinstall and NOT patch and see if she has the same issue. It was working before the most recent patch on the same computer.
    Update 2: Reinstall with not installing patch had no effect, same problem. Earlier attempt to dump cache had no effect

I just started to reinstall but I stopped before backing up my Data. I am going to stop my reinstall and await further instructions.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbalotski View Post
    Update 2: Reinstall with not installing patch had no effect, same problem. Earlier attempt to dump cache had no effect
    Just for clarity on update 2: the user reinstalled, but did not run the updater—so they are running an older version?

Is this limited to 5e or PF? I'm testing on my 3 macs using other system maps or custom maps with LOS and I've not run into this on any of them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddieCat View Post
    Is this limited to 5e or PF? I'm testing on my 3 macs using other system maps or custom maps with LOS and I've not run into this on any of them.
    Thanks for the additional data, DaddieCat. There is no indication that it is ruleset specific. I'm also unable to reproduce the error with Mojave or Catalina. We're still trying to track down the culprit.

I'm happy to test anything specific that needs reproduction if we can establish some steps, but so far, working in my own maps, I've not managed to trigger whatever it is. I'm also running Catalina on all 3 machines and have expereince with QA, product/beta testing, and have been a professional tech for over a decade now. Just throwing in the volunteer hat.

Has there been any action on this issue since pindercarl's 20:06 8/27/2020 post?

We're still working on figuring out what is causing the issue, so we can fix it.

Carl has been investigating the code change angle; and trying to reproduce on the Mac machines he has access to.
    I just did a complete rebuild of the Mac FGU client, and pushed it into Dev channel. (just in case it was a partial rebuild/update issue)

Can anyone who has the issue use the updater to update to the Dev channel, and see if it resolves the issue?

1. Start FGU
    2. Click on Settings
    3. Go to Advanced tab
    4. Select Build Channel = "Dev"
    5. Click Save button
    6. Click Update button
    7. After update completes, click Launch Fantasy Grounds button

Thanks for your help,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    We're still working on figuring out what is causing the issue, so we can fix it.

Carl has been investigating the code change angle; and trying to reproduce on the Mac machines he has access to.
    I just did a complete rebuild of the Mac FGU client, and pushed it into Dev channel. (just in case it was a partial rebuild/update issue)

Can anyone who has the issue use the updater to update to the Dev channel, and see if it resolves the issue?

1. Start FGU
    2. Click on Settings
    3. Go to Advanced tab
    4. Select Build Channel = "Dev"
    5. Click Save button
    6. Click Update button
    7. After update completes, click Launch Fantasy Grounds button

Thanks for your help,
    JPG
    I have been pestering my player with the issue to give me the specifics of his system (model and OS version) but I haven't heard back. He's not a tech guy and may not even know how to determine these things and I'm not an Apple guy so I can't provide assistance in finding this info for him.

Thread Information