DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last

You misunderstood me. My point was even if you don't take much damage from the hit's damage, if you blow the save - the max hp reduction will still hurt.

IE, suppose you have 50 hps and necrotic resistance and 4 temp hps. If you get hit for 10 from the Specter you will take half damage because of resistance, so 5 hps, and then the 4 temps will reduce the damage to 1 wound. So currently you would have 49 of 50 hps. If you fail your save you will lose 10 off your max HPs so 50 hp max goes to 40 max and because you can't have more hps than your max, your current hps also become 40. So the temp hps and necrotic resistance didn't matter - if you blow your save.

I agree on the effect temporary hitpoints would have - but disagree in the role necrotic resistance plays. It specifically refers to the "damage taken", so my personal ruling would be that your HP max reduction is equal to the amount of damage they actually took - Temp HP lost count (as a shitty edge case for the players), but damage avoided due to resistances do not count - they didn't take that damage. Essentially "Use the number you actually subtracted from their HP and subtract it from their Max HP." In a few cases (due to the temp HP part) increasing the damage they took, but otherwise the effect changing their max HP has on their remaining current HP is limited entirely to rare cases.
    +2 License of Ultimate Hosting
    Current Projects: Murder in Baldur's Gate Module
    Completed Projects: Curse of Strahd module, Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide Module, Out of the Abyss Module, Legacy of the Crystal Shard Module, Scourge of the Sword Coast Module, Effect Targeting Extension (5e), Unearthed Arcana: Vitality Extension

Ah good catch. Hence, the weasel words at the end I totally zoned them.

No prob.

I have an updated version here, ready for when 3.1.2 goes live. Assuming there are no more changes to what 3.1.2 includes.
    +2 License of Ultimate Hosting
    Current Projects: Murder in Baldur's Gate Module
    Completed Projects: Curse of Strahd module, Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide Module, Out of the Abyss Module, Legacy of the Crystal Shard Module, Scourge of the Sword Coast Module, Effect Targeting Extension (5e), Unearthed Arcana: Vitality Extension

Awesome work, TAS!

Have their been any updates regarding the chat box notifications and Vitality for NPC's?

Please keep up the good work!!!
    Last edited by trembot_89; February 19th, 2017 at 02:40.

Sadly TASAgent has not been seen for many a long month; so it is unlikely that this extension will see updates, unless someone else takes it over.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I sad to see the creator of this extension be lost to the void but I have a question that I leave open for anyone to answer.

Is there a way to word an ability or monster's action to reduce the target's vitality (fatigue in the CT) instead of it being reduced by a 10+ damage hit?

Roll, I imagine it would be similar to doing ability damage but against the vitality/fatigue... I haven't looked into any specific spells and/or powers that may already be scripted for that.

And thank you, Zacchaeus.

Regarding the learning curve of FG

Quote Originally Posted by bnickelsen View Post
    Today's marks the day I official switched to FG. So begins the learning curve. How ever I can say once I figure out everything else I will be back to grasp this. In the mean time I will track off line.
    I'd like to invite you to Fantasy Grounds College. We teach people how to use Fantasy Grounds as a player and as a DM.

https://discord.gg/Ew6nYyw

Shel

Quote Originally Posted by ladyshel View Post
    I'd like to invite you to Fantasy Grounds College. We teach people how to use Fantasy Grounds as a player and as a DM.

https://discord.gg/Ew6nYyw

Shel
    The post from @bnickelsen was four years ago. Hopefully he may have learnt a few things since then!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information