Starfinder Playlist
Page 94 of 132 First ... 44849293949596104 ... Last

And why aren’t you still using it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    And why aren’t you still using it?
    Presumably because Fantasy Grounds is a better fit for what he's doing.

Like I said, everything in NWN requires scripting. Which results in a videogame-like end result that's really impressive and all, but is a ton of work. You can throw together a map and encounter in FG in a couple minutes and just wing it for any details that arise, the two aren't nearly comparable. If you're trying to do a weekly game in NWN's engine, you'd better not have a day job.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampersandrew View Post
    Presumably because Fantasy Grounds is a better fit for what he's doing.
    Spot on, it was too much of a time sink after a while. I wanted to play not build levels.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Hi Sorrior welcome to FG.

Once the KS finishes you will get sent a backer kit which will ask you for details of what you pledged. Once that has all been filled in and sent back to Smiteworks things will get sorted out (also the payments etc have to be cleared as well which will take a few days).

Once all that is done you will be able to access the Pathfinder material.
    Thanks alot for the reply and that definitely helped me make up my mind and have purchased fantasy grounds with plans to donate the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Investigate how many thousands of hours of development time ESO spent on their 3D engine, graphical assets, effect generation, etc., etc. and you'll get an idea of how much work this type of thing takes.
    Noted.

Thanks for giving the tools to be more informed on the processes.
    Fantasy Grounds Unity Kickstarter - Ultimate Game Master - Party Edition - I am number 2 of 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Valatar View Post
    To be fair, Smiteworks did buy a company that had shown 3D dungeons in a VTT, so it's not unreasonable for a person to inquire after 3D dungeons in FG. The only thing preventing me from being all hype about 3D dungeons is the thought of how much of a hassle it'd be to get good models for furniture/monsters/NPCs/etc. It's much easier to make a good-looking 2D map.
    Yep.

I don't think it is an unreasonable request or expectation in the future depending on the requirements.

JohnD said it takes a lot of work in some platforms to do the scripting...if there was a 3D map builder for GMs, that would be awesome.

We all know it is possible from the various games we play.

As a life-long gamer, I would appreciate a product like that.
    Fantasy Grounds Unity Kickstarter - Ultimate Game Master - Party Edition - I am number 2 of 100.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Spot on, it was too much of a time sink after a while. I wanted to play not build levels.
    Completely understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by Valatar View Post
    Like I said, everything in NWN requires scripting. Which results in a videogame-like end result that's really impressive and all, but is a ton of work. You can throw together a map and encounter in FG in a couple minutes and just wing it for any details that arise, the two aren't nearly comparable. If you're trying to do a weekly game in NWN's engine, you'd better not have a day job.
    Yep.

I was envisioning a 3D map generator like experience, that would take a lot less work on the GMs part.

Maybe even use existing maps as a basis to generate a 3D model to start with.

Like I said before, I am a keyboard visionary with zero experience in what it takes - a Dreamer.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Investigate how many thousands of hours of development time ESO spent on their 3D engine, graphical assets, effect generation, etc., etc. and you'll get an idea of how much work this type of thing takes.
    I was not able to find too many details...but I did find it was in development 7 years before it was released.

That was enough to give me a big picture of what it took.

It was released in 2012, I remember because I am a founding member of its release and have followed them all these years off and on.

Yep.

I see your point.

Still doesn't stifle what the heart wants...

Thread Information