FG Spreadshirt Swag

I noticed nearly all AD&D modules are 1E ;) originally

And yet this started as a 2E ruleset (which Celestian added 1E support to) However these 1E modules are likely modified in whatever minimal form is needed to make them work with the 2E ruleset or have added things like missing monsters etc.

I just thought it amusing that the modules exciting the creators so far are the earlier ones.

I personally always loved Reptile, T1, T1-4, Night Below, Barrier Peaks, Slavers, and many others but mostly those many were 1e that I too ran under 2E rules (like I said it isn’t a problem to do so, I just find it interesting that the older modules are the sexy ones)

Quote Originally Posted by Varsuuk View Post
    And yet this started as a 2E ruleset (which Celestian added 1E support to) However these 1E modules are likely modified in whatever minimal form is needed to make them work with the 2E ruleset or have added things like missing monsters etc.

I just thought it amusing that the modules exciting the creators so far are the earlier ones.

I personally always loved Reptile, T1, T1-4, Night Below, Barrier Peaks, Slavers, and many others but mostly those many were 1e that I too ran under 2E rules (like I said it isn’t a problem to do so, I just find it interesting that the older modules are the sexy ones)
    There is a reason for that, at least right now. Mostly because I'm a big fan of 1E adventures and AD&D 2E. I put together the prospective list of adventures. There is a 2E adventure coming soon (not by me) and down the road I plan to do a few of my own with Night Below probably being the first one.

B2 and B4 are going to be coming also (Basic) down the road.

The great thing about Basic, AD&D (1 or 2) is that they were all compatible for their adventures/settings.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Yup, I bought all of the Mystara gazetteers with the intention of running our next campaign in a lesser known land when we got distracted with me and one of the players breaking our engagement after 6 years of dating and 8 of AD&D ;p

I have also borrowed from several B series for “side adventures” and discovered caves/mini-dungeons.

I look forward to getting the 2e series. I've started most of my home campaigns on the B2 module and followed the Greyhawk series from the Basic set through all the D&D changes except 4e. I played in the Living campaigns during 3 & 3.5. My current game which I'm running in 5e is taking my PC's through the Keep on the Borderlands and Caves of Chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    The great thing about Basic, AD&D (1 or 2) is that they were all compatible for their adventures/settings.
    Mostly compatible. Basic did introduce things that AD&D couldn't handle and AD&D had things resolved differently from basic so you had to adjust mechanics a bit. But yes it was so easy to run anything you wanted from any edition.

And if people are tossing around favorite classic adventures: Rahasia and Temple of the Frog are mine. I know they have their flaws, but I've run them in so many different rule sets and my players always had fun with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Varsuuk View Post
    Yup, I bought all of the Mystara gazetteers with the intention of running our next campaign in a lesser known land when we got distracted with me and one of the players breaking our engagement after 6 years of dating and 8 of AD&D ;p

I have also borrowed from several B series for “side adventures” and discovered caves/mini-dungeons.
    There is no such thing as too much Mystara. ^.^

I would love Rules Cyclopediia ruleset for sure!
    Ultimate license holder, do not worry about partecipating Italian DM (gmt+1). check here to find your timezone difference https://everytimezone.com/

- Players live a thousand lives, a DM let live a thousand universes -

Thread Information