DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 8 of 9 First ... 6789 Last
    Yes, it should work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by dunadan View Post
    You say DLC's. I have created a module that includes many extra races, professions and spell lists. Would this be usable with Unity?
    DLC is commercial, community created and stuff you make yourself. If it works in FGC then the FGU backwards compatibility should mean it will work in FGU.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Beyond this, I do want to address mentions of the crashing I was/am experiencing, but Drone Duty calls so that will have to be a post for later on.
    Hi JohnD,

Can you post details of the crashes you are experiencing since I haven't had any crashes in years?

I am guessing that the memory is hitting the max FG is able to handle so I would like to help you pinpoint what is using the memory since I am guessing that I have more Rolemaster based modules loaded up when I run my games.

Thanks,
    Dakadin

Blog Entries
    Well this is hard to answer now. I am on a new computer, which is a juggernaut compared to the old one from 2010. On the new one I have not had any crashes yet. That said, I have not done extensive testing as I'm waiting for those QoL updates to hit.

It wouldn't surprise me that I was hitting the maximum memory usage though from what I remember the ram allocation just kept going up and up and up as soon as we started doing anything that involved using the resolver.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thanks for the update. It's good to hear that it isn't occurring now. I know the ruleset hasn't been updated to CoreRPG but I have been resolving issues when I hear about them. If Talyn didn't mention it, then I would have never known that it was an issue you were having. Please post in these forums if you are having any issues with the ruleset so I can try to resolve them.

Thanks,
    Dakadin
    Last edited by Dakadin; April 23rd, 2019 at 15:23.

Interesting thread.

I am curious if anyone (Dakadin, Trenloe, etc.) could offer any suggestions on a guide to ruleset programming (I've seen the anatomy of a ruleset PDF, but I was thinking something more advanced)?

I was thinking I would offer any assistance to help out. But first, I was thinking of implementing the MERP (RMC lite basically) ruleset to see if I can actually offer any assistance.

Of course, that would depend on free time being found. However, it has been something I have been thinking about from time to time.

The Developer Guide in the Wiki has some good information for developing rulesets. Look through the Rulesets section.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulimo View Post
    Interesting thread.

I am curious if anyone (Dakadin, Trenloe, etc.) could offer any suggestions on a guide to ruleset programming (I've seen the anatomy of a ruleset PDF, but I was thinking something more advanced)?

I was thinking I would offer any assistance to help out. But first, I was thinking of implementing the MERP (RMC lite basically) ruleset to see if I can actually offer any assistance.

Of course, that would depend on free time being found. However, it has been something I have been thinking about from time to time.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54PS...qc_9w1TWQfTPUA
    Video 1 is just an intro to themes...
    If you do the whole series you will have all the knowledge you need to build a ruleset....

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    Please post in these forums if you are having any issues with the ruleset so I can try to resolve them.
    Thanks, Dakadin
    Ardem just had a dump of us last session on Wed.
    Will ask if it was just a network issue that had us lose connectivity, or if a crash itself.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    Thanks for the update. It's good to hear that it isn't occurring now. I know the ruleset hasn't been updated to CoreRPG but I have been resolving issues when I hear about them. If Talyn didn't mention it, then I would have never known that it was an issue you were having. Please post in these forums if you are having any issues with the ruleset so I can try to resolve them.

Thanks,
    Dakadin
    I've thought about it a bit more and had a discussion with someone who was playing at the time and was reminded of what I had said at the time; as soon as any rolls that required the Resolver started to take place, memory usage just kept on increasing and nothing would stop it. If we went for a time without any rolls, it would still keep increasing, and heavily roll intensive sessions would drive the number up quickly.

That computer only had 6 gb of ram, and I remember FG would always hit 3 gb at crash. I had done everything I could to reduce memory usage; no tokens in the folder, no tokens shared, minimal maps etc... shared and unshared as soon as not needed, etc... but it never made a difference.

This was the same computer I began using RMC on back in 2012 when I first bought FG... so it seemed like something had changed in how memory was being used/managed in the ruleset, but as I've said previously, on a new computer and I've yet to see any crashing (although I'm waiting for the ruleset to enter 2019 before I seriously begin to use it again).
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thread Information