STAR TREK 2d20

Missing Chapters in paid modules

I was going through my physical copies of my DMG and the Player's Handbook and wanted to check something in fantasy grounds. I noticed that several chapters were missing within Fantasy Grounds. Is this a bug, or do we not get access to the full book?

The main reason I ask is that I've bought Swords Coast only through FG and if it's missing some content I'd be pretty annoyed that I'd have to buy it again elsewhere.

For context, the section I was looking for in the DMG is about Linkering Injuries, which doesn't exist in FG, but it's on page 272 of the physical book. The whole Dungeon Master's Workshop doesn't seem to exist in FG.

Yes all the material in all of the books is included in the FG modules. The FG version of the DMG does in fact include the whole of the Dungeon Master's Workshop chapter and the section on injuries is also there.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Okay, I don't know what happened. The Player's handbook only had like 4 chapters available, and the DMG was missing sections. Reloaded FG and they are all there now. I should have done that first...

Sorry! Thanks for the help!

You might have also looked at the DM's Guide Player Book. Which is stuff like the classes and equipment broken out into its own thing so you can give players access to it without giving them the whole DMG. I made this mistake a few times.

I've noticed that, sometimes, when using the search feature in the reference manual it will hide a bunch of categories from view even after clearing the search field. Closing and re-opening the reference manual usually fixes that issue for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Calirae View Post
    I've noticed that, sometimes, when using the search feature in the reference manual it will hide a bunch of categories from view even after clearing the search field. Closing and re-opening the reference manual usually fixes that issue for me.
    Reference Manuals have always been a bit funky for me as well. Whenever I want to bring up the conditions list from the PHB, I have to open the reference manual, open up the list within the manual and then I can search for the Conditions page really easily. If I don't open up the list of stuff in the reference manual it can't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperclipkiller View Post
    Reference Manuals have always been a bit funky for me as well. Whenever I want to bring up the conditions list from the PHB, I have to open the reference manual, open up the list within the manual and then I can search for the Conditions page really easily. If I don't open up the list of stuff in the reference manual it can't find it.
    I've given up using the PHB for conditions and use a website in a separate window. I can usually find other things in search, but for some reason conditions just don't want to come up.

Quote Originally Posted by GavinRuneblade View Post
    I've given up using the PHB for conditions and use a website in a separate window. I can usually find other things in search, but for some reason conditions just don't want to come up.
    That's strange. Also once you find it pin it to your quick bar.

You do need to expand all of the chapters of a reference manual before you do a search. That way all of the keywords in the reference will have populated, making searches a lot easier.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    That's strange. Also once you find it pin it to your quick bar.

You do need to expand all of the chapters of a reference manual before you do a search. That way all of the keywords in the reference will have populated, making searches a lot easier.
    That is probably my issue. Thanks for the tip!

Thread Information