DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread: RMC in Unity?

You don't need to do both of them because if you hide the buttons they won't be able to provide the modifiers since they won't be able to be clicked. Skill and stat rolls will just default to Medium. If you want to do that, you will need to overwrite the "modifierstack" windowclass in the desktop\desktop_classes.xml file. Just add <invisible /> to each of the 9 button_modifierkey fields. That will hide them so you don't get any errors. Then you can use the custom modifiers from the Modifiers window.

If you want to change the buttons to match your bonuses, then you want to update the DifficultyList function in the scripts\rules_modifiers.lua file. It's the first function in the file and you just need to change the modifier for each of the difficulties.

If you aren't using the MM Table then I would just change the type of the MM skills to Maneuver, Static so it doesn't try to open the table in the Table Resolver.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Dakadin

Of course, but I have no xp in editing any files, so I was just asking in case editing the modifiers turned out to be a nightmare for a complete editing newbie.
    Speaking of which: How do I access these interfaces, that you mention? Where do I locate the files, and what programs do I need to open them?

Btw, I just discovered Ardems FRP version, which I now "own" apparently. Where do I download forge extensions?
    I find it a bit strange not simply to be presented with some sort of download link, rather than just informing me that I now "own" something,
    I take it FG has become a programme for the IT crowd with loads of unspoken knowledge about where to find files, how to edit them and whatnot(?)
    The problem is, that while I discovered the forge file to now be listed in the forge inventory, and that it has "update enabled", this still appears to make no difference to my FG.
    I've updated it several times, but it finds no forge "subscriptions" nor does it show any RMFRP file to activate.
    Last edited by Resonance; August 18th, 2022 at 21:09.

Sorry Resonance, my inbox as full. Just emptied it now. Not sure about the FRP owning side of things. The only way you could do that is if you went to forge and selected it from the list to use.

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/211/view -- Link to Rolemaster Fantasy Roleplaying

If you click on inventory, it should show you a list of what your subscribed too.

Editing files and so forth, it not sort of unspoken knowledge is just that it needs a small level of skill in lua or xml coding to edit and configure what you want. Plus time to figure out how each ruleset does these things luckily the community and 9/10 ruleset developers are very helpful. However this has always been the case, there is no quickly development of mods you want to do. Actually I found Fantasy Grounds so much easier to mod then a huge amount of other games or even VTS's.
    ------------------
    Ardem

Discord: Ardem#4756
    Teamspeak Server: ts3.varidan.com.au
    Ultimate Licencse: FGC/FGU

Campaign Currently Running: Greenbrook Rolemaster FRP (Weekly Wednesday 8.00pm-11.00pm), YouTube Stream

Game/Ruleset created: Extinction Event
    Extensions created: Rolemaster FRP, XP Extension, Random Extension

Hi Resonance,

Yes, it can be a bit overwhelming looking into making an extension or ruleset. The link(https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...eveloper+Guide) that I provided actually has multiple links to take you through all the technical information needed. Rulesets and extensions are created using XML and Lua like Ardem said. The ruleset .pak and extension .ext files can be unzipped and then you can see the actual files that make up the rulesets and extensions. Once I do that I use Notepad++ to edit the files.

There is no pressure to do it since there are other ways to handle your optional skill rules. If you don't feel comfortable looking at it then use the third option that I mentioned and change the modifiers for the skill difficulties and have your users drag them to the hot key bar. That would be the quickest way to accomplish what you are trying anyway.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Dakadin

Ok.
    I have now edited the files I'd like to change, and rezipped the contents.
    However, FGU does not see/show the zipfolder as an available ruleset, (it is placed in the ruleset folder)
    What am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Ardem View Post
    Sorry Resonance, my inbox as full. Just emptied it now. Not sure about the FRP owning side of things. The only way you could do that is if you went to forge and selected it from the list to use.

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/211/view -- Link to Rolemaster Fantasy Roleplaying

If you click on inventory, it should show you a list of what your subscribed too.

Editing files and so forth, it not sort of unspoken knowledge is just that it needs a small level of skill in lua or xml coding to edit and configure what you want. Plus time to figure out how each ruleset does these things luckily the community and 9/10 ruleset developers are very helpful. However this has always been the case, there is no quickly development of mods you want to do. Actually I found Fantasy Grounds so much easier to mod then a huge amount of other games or even VTS's.
    Hi Ardem
    Well, I tried. It is listed in my inventory to no avail.
    I tried updating several times. Still no result. Even though it is in my inventory, it isn't registered as a subscription by the updater. Sucks to be me, I guess.

EDIT: Oh. So, it made all the difference to hide and then unhide the subscription. Suddenly FGU is playing ball. So, that makes a lot of sense. Or not.
    Anyhoo, the extension is now active.
    Last edited by Resonance; August 19th, 2022 at 03:25.

Do you just want to change the buttons to use your modifiers instead of the core or do you want to hide those buttons?

Also realize the RMFRP extension is to play that edition of Rolemaster which has some differences from RMC which the ruleset uses.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    Do you just want to change the buttons to use your modifiers instead of the core or do you want to hide those buttons?

Also realize the RMFRP extension is to play that edition of Rolemaster which has some differences from RMC which the ruleset uses.
    I'd much prefer to use the buttons with my modifiers.
    But I have made little progress in that direction.
    As I feared, it turns out to be less straightforward to make that change than predicted.
    I've altered the rules_modifiers file in scripts, and as you said, it is no problem to find the supposed place to change, at it is right at the top.
    It just doesn't make any effective difference to do so, sadly. My preferred modifiers have been neatly listed in the file, but to no avail.
    Apparently, my changes are being overruled by some other directory.

Any other suggestions, before I give up and hide the buttons?

That is my fault. I didn't move all the code to the rules_modifers file. Let me see about getting that fixed so we can get this working for you.

Hi Resonance,

Try the attached extension. You will need to copy it to your Fantasy Ground application extension folder and then select it when you load your campaign.
    Resonance Extension.jpg

Resonance Example.jpg

One warning is you might get errors with future updates to the ruleset. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Dakadin
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information