DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Thread: MGT2 v1.2.0

MGT2 v1.2.0

Evening Folks,

Now that v1.1.6 has been sent to FG, and it has the very basics of the Ship based Combat Tracker (in all working order I hope). It's time to begin the branch for the High Guard book.

Plans have changed for v1.2.0 a lot over the last 48 hours since I learned of High Guards release next week.

Only listing what work I've completed, and what I'm working on.

• [Added] PC Spacecraft. New sidebar button added. Create PC ship, drag existing spacecraft onto it to pre-populate details etc
    • [Updated] Spacecraft Weapons. Weapons have been updated to include new traits and layout with Number of attacks included
    • [Updated] NPCs. Updated the layout on the NPC record sheet
    • [Fixed] Spacecraft Weapons. Missing class error.
    • [Fixed] Spacecraft. The last update removed most of the Spacecraft from the Core rulebook - they're back in!

Cheers,
    MBM
    Last edited by MadBeardMan; December 4th, 2020 at 16:09.
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

I'd try SuperTeddy57, he's the Starfinder ship system guru.

Whatever you do in this will hopefully also make vehicles easier down the road too, as many concepts are the same.

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    I'd try SuperTeddy57, he's the Starfinder ship system guru.

Whatever you do in this will hopefully also make vehicles easier down the road too, as many concepts are the same.
    I do speak with Superted, it's just very confusing and as I don't play Starfinder it feels an awkward way of sharing things (via the Party Sheet). However it'll work how it needs to work, been working on Ammo Count for missiles etc.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

I was wondering if a Task Chain Tracker Tool was something that was possible.
    For example, you may have a situation where every member of the party needs to work together with the task chain getting complex.
    If there is a way of describing the task chain and have the players drop their rolls onto the appropriate spot on the chain, with the results affecting the next step.

Having a list that describes the task (String), a situational modifier (+-dm), boon or bane, a default time taken that can be increased or decreased, changing target number, default skill/attribute plus if the roll is independant or part of the chain.
    As an example

"Plot Jump 1" [-1] '-' [Easy] [1D x 10 Minutes] [Astrogation{EDU}] [Ind]
    "Perform Jump" [] '-' [Easy] [1D x 10 Minutes] [J-Drive{EDU}] [Chn]

Now, with these basic task chains that can be pulled up as needed and have each player drop their roll as needed unto the appropriate place, you can also edit or copy them and add in extra complexity such as an engineer roll to cold boot the engine, or given the situation a piloting roll to keep the ship steady while in a dog fight to not further impair the rest of the crew.

Having a task chain mechanic list like this (if possible) would not only allow GM's or Adventure writers to prepare in advance for situations that are likely to occur, it would also give the players direct feedback as to what they need to do and how important their contribution is.

Just a suggestion if you can (want) to do it.

Another element you may want to add is support for TAS or other similiar agencies.
    I had a character get TAS as a mustering out benefit and there was no place on the Sheet to put this info except in Notes.
    Although MGT2 does not (at least I have yet to read it) detail the various groups, in Classic Traveller, Scouts would/could hang around the local scout base to get rumours, while ex-navy/marines would be able to get into navy bases that where not open to the general public. Depending upon your games time period, the octagon society could also play a part.
    You can't call this 'equipment' but does give benefits. Perhaps a membership would be what it is called. Mechanically, a name, a description and benefits list would be what would be needed, as well as a place on the character sheet to put this information. The core MGT2 rules support this sort of thing ie TAS but, having it as a GM editable list of items would be wonderful.

Another suggeston (I am getting demanding arnt I)
    Language Fonts (there are many free Vilani versions on the web, and I have lots of alien fonts that are Creative Commons)
    I have had difficulties getting an extension to work with FGU on linux that supports language fonts, while they appear to work if they are part of the base ruleset.
    If we had the fonts embedded and had the language skills treated as Fantasy Ground Languages, we could take advantage of the many languages of the Traveller universe.
    That adds so much to the game interface.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalton Calford View Post
    Another suggeston (I am getting demanding arnt I)
    Language Fonts (there are many free Vilani versions on the web, and I have lots of alien fonts that are Creative Commons)
    I have had difficulties getting an extension to work with FGU on linux that supports language fonts, while they appear to work if they are part of the base ruleset.
    If we had the fonts embedded and had the language skills treated as Fantasy Ground Languages, we could take advantage of the many languages of the Traveller universe.
    That adds so much to the game interface.
    Hello,

There's no 'font' for any language from Mongooses, if you have 'free' fonts that you can add a extension if you want.

Cheers,
    MBM

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Hello,

There's no 'font' for any language from Mongooses, if you have 'free' fonts that you can add a extension if you want.

Cheers,
    MBM
    I have tried creating an extension for fonts that supports linux, but its not working for me, including sample extensions for other game systems.
    it may be how the directories are entered in the xml/lua

A working example would be perfect

Love the task chain idea by Dalton above. good example too. It would help to keep players involved and would encourage adventure and utility module creators to expand the possible chains.

Hi Folks,

Due to HG being released next week I'm going to cut short this development and just add some more features but get a version of the PC ship that can be added to the SCT.

Cheers,
    MBM

Thread Information