DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 38 of 46 First ... 283637383940 ... Last
    Downloaded the latest file. Found a missing end statement in the manager_time.lua at the very end of the file. I tested things in classic and the events seem to trigger and post in the chatbox just fine.

I did add conditional if then statements to the add buttons so they won't output the currenttime unless the value they are adding is greater than 0, and added currentdate statements.
    (I don't know your preferred output method: just display time regardless, ignore output unless the there is something to add, OR add a message saying "The value is 0, nothing the calander did not change).

Really though I had no issue in classic or unity (except the missing end statement).

20-05-16_1215 ALIEN RPG
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ultimate License Holder
    Systems:ALIEN, Savage Worlds (SWADE + Companions, 50 Fathoms, Interface Zero, Realms of Cthulhu), Call of Cthulhu 6th, FIASCO, Paranoia XP

FG Con 16 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - Friday April 16th to Sunday April 18th, 2021
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

Quote Originally Posted by zombielord View Post
    Downloaded the latest file. Found a missing end statement in the manager_time.lua at the very end of the file. I tested things in classic and the events seem to trigger and post in the chatbox just fine.

I did add conditional if then statements to the add buttons so they won't output the currenttime unless the value they are adding is greater than 0, and added currentdate statements.
    (I don't know your preferred output method: just display time regardless, ignore output unless the there is something to add, OR add a message saying "The value is 0, nothing the calander did not change).

Really though I had no issue in classic or unity (except the missing end statement).

20-05-16_1215 ALIEN RPG
    i have no issue until i set the year to 2183 in FGC only. i set an event to say the current date but a few minutes ahead. i adjust the minutes, and maybe it triggers, maybe it doesn't. not until i've adjusted the minutes for an hour an a half's difference from my intended time does it act. it's weird as all hell. i've tried new campaigns. i've determined the hell out of everything. i'm using your copy here. no extensions. no edited CoreRPG files hiding somewhere messing with it. i can't wrap my head around it. if no one else is having this issue, then great, but why am i then? lol

edit: i have a couple theories that i can't seem to prove. theory 1 is fgclassic is treating the code for determining a leap year OR the theory 2 is fgclassic is treating the number of days in a month wrong, which still doesn't make sense why its only roughly an hour an 15 minutes difference.
    Last edited by pr6i6e6st; May 16th, 2020 at 07:29.

just put out a small update, calendar logs are created via a button on the event window now, rather than locking the entry. when you do, if you have text in the event, it will copied to the created log entry; if the event is set to "visible to all" it will copy to the player section, if the event is set to "visible to gm", it will copy to the gm section. making planning the calendar events much easier. (i'm personally really enjoying this feature. i think a travel manager to accompany it would be fantastic too. basically you set how long your distance, then just click some buttons to adjust the time by travel speed.)

So I am entering the data for the Xenomorphs. Can you tell me how to customize the attack table for each different creature? Currently it just looks for a generic table called ATTACKS, and I want to link each enemy to it's specific attack table.

Quote Originally Posted by Wbweather View Post
    So I am entering the data for the Xenomorphs. Can you tell me how to customize the attack table for each different creature? Currently it just looks for a generic table called ATTACKS, and I want to link each enemy to it's specific attack table.
    Change the npc type to creature and npc. New fields will pop up with buttons to roll on attack or critical injuries tables. The tables it’s looking for are(case sensitive):

CRITICAL INJURIES ON [your definition here]
    Example: CRITICAL INJURIES ON xenomorphs
    And

[your definition here] ATTACKS
    Example: drone soldier lurker ATTACKS.

Edit: remember if your table is a d66 result, to drop a d60 and a d6 into the custom dice portion of the table.

Player used tables like CRITICAL INJURIES or PANIC ROLL need to be shared/public for the players to use.

Ok, so I made the table CRITICAL INJURIES ON XENOMORPHS When I do the roll from the NPC sheet, I get the error Unable to find table. (CRITICAL INJURIES ON). If I call the table "CRITICAL INJURIES ON" it works, but that isn't specific.

Ok, so I made the table CRITICAL INJURIES ON XENOMORPHS When I do the roll from the NPC sheet, I get the error Unable to find table. (CRITICAL INJURIES ON). If I call the table "CRITICAL INJURIES ON" it works, but that isn't specific.
    Did you type in xenomorphs into the field beside the button on the npc sheet?

Ahhh. Okay, sorry. That worked. That's what I was trying to figure out.

Ahhh. Okay, sorry. That worked. That's what I was trying to figure out.
    No worries, I really should put aside time to do a new tutorial video, now that it looks like a lot of the errors have been worked out. I struggled before because I’d be an hour into the video and somehow find a new error lol. Was a great way to bug test I guess though.

Awesome we got that figured out. Don’t be afraid to ask more questions when you’re really stuck.

Another question. I have the initiative cards working. Is there someplace where that is automated or accessible to the players in the character sheet or combat tracker? Or is that just a table I need to open up and roll on?

Thread Information