STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread: Fiasco

Had a great fun run of Fiasco, Tales from Suburbia this past weekend. Still tweaking ease-of-play for the various in-game tools to make the gamer run smoothly. Here's a screen shot:

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

Quote Originally Posted by zombielord View Post
    Thanks for the invite. Unfortunately I can't this time (Please keep me in mind for future games though).
    On a related note I did get a game in of FIASCO using just the CoreRPG and the created graphics. It went pretty well, but there's alot of dice rolling automation that could be added (particularly with the whole dicepool aspect).

I'll definitely be re-visiting this after I finish up converting all the stuff for my ALIEN RPG game.
    Quote Originally Posted by wyndhydra View Post
    Hector, I'd love to but also have plans for that day. If you plan on doing other times in the future please let me know and I will try and attend. I hope it goes great! I'm excited to see how it is going for both of you. I have got it generally organized in practice but have so far failed to get my group to play one. I long for that day...
    Hi folks, I am likely to schedule another game for Sun May 31 at 6 am Eastern (currently GMT-4) to test out some improvements to the playset I've been developing. wynhydra you're welcome to join in the fun; zombielord in particular, it'd be good to have you at the table for playtest reasons. (Your extension is more robust; what I can bring to the table is streamlining and ease-of-use. Also, I've talked to the game company about what they do/do not want shared.) We can use zombielord's game mat and dice tokens to give those a run (with his permission).

That time slot happens to work for me (family reasons); can it work for you or do we need a plan B?

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

Hi everyone,
    Time for another game of Fiasco, this Sunday, May 31; the time in your local time zone can be found here: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...918&ah=3&am=30

This is a playtest game for the community ruleset (module, really) under development by a number of us on this thread. I'm streamlining playsets for ease of use by players the during the Setup. We may also have some new cosmetic features... If you'd like to play, shoot me a PM. We will use Discord for audio chat. Server = keen idol tiny orc

Cheers!
    Last edited by Hector Trelane; May 28th, 2020 at 00:03.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Im a possible. Will confirm soon!
    Cool...new and interesting playsets await...

A fun game of Fiasco with the Boomtown playset today, doing a test run with zombielord's playmat and tokens. Thanks for the game and ideas for improvement, everyone!

(Refinements to improve ease-of-use still to come... I am thinking Tables may be the way to go...)

[/QUOTE]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Would love to run Fiasco using your current build (assuming FGU anyway since that's what I've got!). Is the WiP available to play with, or is there info on what the current status is? Thanks!

I assume after so many years without any posted ruleset, that this is abandoned and I should just make my own? Or is my Google fu failing me and it is available somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by TechDragon View Post
    I assume after so many years without any posted ruleset, that this is abandoned and I should just make my own? Or is my Google fu failing me and it is available somewhere?
    A couple of us collaborated on a module and/or extension for CoreRPG to run Fiasco, which is amounts to much the same as a ruleset. It works fine, although not quite as streamlined as we hoped. It may be possible to share some of this content.

Thread Information