5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 81 of 105 First ... 3171798081828391 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Have you loaded and selected both parts of the extension. And added in the tokens to the tokens folder? I believe you need to do all that for this extension to work.
    yes I've ensured that I've done all that. The tokens 'Combat Enhancer' folder is in '/tokens/host/' and both the token helper and combat enhancer extensions are loaded and enabled before launching.
    Last edited by xxXEliteXxx; February 17th, 2020 at 14:31.

I've one suggestion, juuuust in case it is related to this. But when you bring your bad guys/targets/whatever onto the map, are you making sure you are dragging them FROM the combat tracker onto the 3rd (topmost) layer, and not dragging them from the NPC/monsters interface?
    To word it differently, NPCs/Enemies need to go from the selection interface where you find them into the combat tracker, and then from there onto the map. Encounters will be doing this for you already, so if you are getting the error that way, than what I'm suggesting is not the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by JLBatman View Post
    I've one suggestion, juuuust in case it is related to this. But when you bring your bad guys/targets/whatever onto the map, are you making sure you are dragging them FROM the combat tracker onto the 3rd (topmost) layer, and not dragging them from the NPC/monsters interface?
    To word it differently, NPCs/Enemies need to go from the selection interface where you find them into the combat tracker, and then from there onto the map. Encounters will be doing this for you already, so if you are getting the error that way, than what I'm suggesting is not the issue.
    Thanks for your reply. i was quick to try this, as i have had trouble with tokens/maps/ layers and the combat tracker before. It does not seem to change anything. If the token is on the map, i get an error. If i delete the token, i can attack as normal. I can even target the token i want to attack, and then delete the NPC from the map and attack the target via combat tracker. But once the token is on the map, no matter where, the error happens with any ranged spell attack.

Ok, one more check from me, if you don't mind trying this. Don't try it if you already have, of course, but have you seen whether there is a difference on token distance from its target? I've seen some erroneous distance issues, but I will admit they don't give the error you've noted. But anything to help us pint point something I figure should help. I found once that some users could not cast onto a target on the map because of a weird (and incorrect) distance assessment, but they COULD cast when using targeting/drag-dropping onto the enemy from within the tracker itself.

Quote Originally Posted by JLBatman View Post
    Ok, one more check from me, if you don't mind trying this. Don't try it if you already have, of course, but have you seen whether there is a difference on token distance from its target? I've seen some erroneous distance issues, but I will admit they don't give the error you've noted. But anything to help us pint point something I figure should help. I found once that some users could not cast onto a target on the map because of a weird (and incorrect) distance assessment, but they COULD cast when using targeting/drag-dropping onto the enemy from within the tracker itself.
    It seems to be calculating distance correctly. I get the error whether i drop the attack roll on the token on the map or if i drop the roll on the combat tracker entry if the NPC is on the map. Targeting has no effect either way. As soon as i take the NPC off the map, all is well.

Quote Originally Posted by xxXEliteXxx View Post
    yes I've ensured that I've done all that. The tokens 'Combat Enhancer' folder is in '/tokens/host/' and both the token helper and combat enhancer extensions are loaded and enabled before launching.
    I tried this on a new install of FG and still getting this issue. it makes using the map impossible as it doesn't update, so scrolling and panning the map doesn't function. Anyone have any ideas?

I just created a new campaign and downloaded the versions of these extensions from the links on the first post.

I am seeing the same behavior.

I know it used to work because this is one of the extensions that I always loaded and used until Styrmir started releasing the new 5E-Enhancer. He's developing that for FGU, but I've found that most of what I used it for works in FG Classic as well. You might want to give that a try and see how it works for you as it looks like FG updates conflict with the "classic" version of this extension.

While I'm not officially supporting this extension any more, I don't like the idea of it ceasing to work entirely after a FG update.

For future support I'll direct you towards the FGU variant of a similar extension I've written from scratch, the 5E Enchancer, available here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...53-5E-Enhancer

While it's only tested and supported for FGU, much of it like TheoGeek pointed out will still work in FGC.

That aside I spent an hour on the following issues.

@jonesdaadi
    I've tested the extension with a new map and grid, with NPCs on the CT. A variation of spells and other ranged attacks on and off the map, with tokens on and off the map.

I've been unable to recreate the error, everything works as it should on my end.

Looking at the screenshot I would surmise that the issue is that the entry for the Fire Ray spell on the farmer is non-standard.

As an example this is what a Ray of frost spell appears like correctly in the CT:

Ray of frost - cantrip [R] [ATK: +12] [DMG: 1d8 cold]

The range code looks up the database entry (expecting standardized entries) from the database, searching for weapons and spells, and uses regular expressions to get the range from there. The '[RNG:120]' section looks out of order here in your example.

As a workaround if it keeps happening you can go to the menu 'automatic range modifier' and turn it to off to be able to play without it coming up.

@xxXEliteXxx
    I've been unable to replicate your error. I created a new campaign with only the two extensions enabled. I was able to open all images I tried, both from modules and manually added to the campaign. Panning, scrolling, resizing frame and zooming worked in all cases, both with mouse, key combinations and the interface.
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; February 20th, 2020 at 16:56.
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

@Styrmir
    Thank you for your continued work and support for the FG community. I love your extension and will use the new one for FGU when FGU is stable enough for running my game. I have not tried your FGU extension in FG, but may look into it.
    To speak directly to your suggestions, I modified the CT entry to look like yours in the post, but it still creates the error. Something else seems to be happening. However, turning off the 'automatic range modifier worked like a charm.

I also noticed that spell attacks (from cantrips) dont act this way. The "Farmer" in my above example is a Cambion. The cambion's attack shows up in the CT the same if I load one from Descent into Avernus or the Monster Manual. Barbed Devil for example has the same type of attack. Both Fire Ray from the Cambion and Hurl Flame from the Barbed Devil show up in the CT like this: Hurl Flame [R][RNG:150][ATK:+5][DMG:3d6 fire]
    Innate spell casting shows up like your example (Ray of frost - cantrip [R] [ATK: +12] [DMG: 1d8 cold]) I have no issues with spells. Its only Ranged Spell Attacks from the creature's Actions.

I dont expect you to spend any more time on this issue as your work around will suffice for during game problems. I just wanted to clarify what was happening after I realized what you were talking about and tested it. Thanks again for taking some time to help. This issue has been a big pain and the workaround saved it.

The standard wording for a Ranged Spell Attack which is included in a creature's actions on the CT is <name>[R][RNG:x][ATK:x][DMG:ndn]
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information