FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 73 of 110 First ... 2363717273747583 ... Last
    So tonight during the game I was running. (There is some random code left in SFRPG) The bottom of the character sheet has a second mini button and all 5 of my players had all the spell effects they set up removed when one of the players pushed the starship mini button. I just opened a new campaign and made a pc then added the effects to a spell, Then when I push the mini button it resets all the effects I added to the spell.... along with characters not even in the game. even characters in the selection screen..
    Last edited by madman; July 20th, 2019 at 05:00.
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Well I will throw this out there so that people know that this will happen when you open up your campaign. The problem does not just happen when you press the button for the mini sheet. when i start a new campaign create a character with abilities setup as spell actions save the campaign and exit. When I load the campaign and open the character the spell effects are gone. somewhere on startup all the effects get reparsed....

Also happens from SFRPG on 1.14. test
    Last edited by madman; July 20th, 2019 at 21:22.
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    Well I will throw this out there so that people know that this will happen when you open up you campaign. The problem does not just happen when you press the button for the mini sheet. when i start a new campaign create a character with abilities setup as spell actions save the campaign and exit. When I load the campaign and open the character the spell effects are gone. somewhere on startup all the effects get reparsed....

I wish i saw this before opening my game up just now. well thats quite annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    Well I will throw this out there so that people know that this will happen when you open up your campaign. The problem does not just happen when you press the button for the mini sheet. when i start a new campaign create a character with abilities setup as spell actions save the campaign and exit. When I load the campaign and open the character the spell effects are gone. somewhere on startup all the effects get reparsed....

Ok sorry was some code I was working on for Spells System.
    I have got it updated. I added a casting section to my Operative and added Trick Attack with it Attack and Damage in the actions. Saved and loaded the campaign , The trick attack was still there. Also tred it on a spell added a heal function to a Spell that didn't have it. The heal was still there after reloading.

I have pushed it to the system and asked for a Quick fix Update..

Just as a Note. the second [MINI] button opens the same menu right now. its a place holder that I hope to get it to be the action window for the PC's ship combat system.

Samarex
    Last edited by Samarex; July 21st, 2019 at 02:07.
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

Quote Originally Posted by Samarex View Post
    I have got it updated. I added a casting section to my Operative and added Trick Attack with it Attack and Damage in the actions. Saved and loaded the campaign , The trick attack was still there. Also tred it on a spell added a heal function to a Spell that didn't have it. The heal was still there after reloading.

Just as a Note. the second [MINI] button opens the same menu right now. its a place holder that I hope to get it to be the action window for the PC's ship combat system.

Samarex
    1.14a has been push to Live.
    Ultimate License
    Lets Play a RPG

Quote Originally Posted by Davido1000 View Post
    I wish i saw this before opening my game up just now. well thats quite annoying.
    You may be able to recover most data from an earlier db.session .xml file in your campaign directory.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    You may be able to recover most data from an earlier db.session .xml file in your campaign directory.
    Thank you Trenloe I was just about to put that message out.
    Ultimate License
    Lets Play a RPG

Quote Originally Posted by Samarex View Post

Samarex
    Russell can you show how you have trick attack set up as a spell?

Depending on how he is doing it, my guess is he has the spell set up as Trick Attack with a cast action built for whatever attack he is using (so R (KAC)) with the already added modifiers for his weapon and going against FF AC. The damage effect could be the combination of the weapon damage and then the added trick attack damage on two separate lines in the damage section of the spell. Or he is just using the spell line for effects and I am completely off base.
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

Quote Originally Posted by msbranin View Post
    Russell can you show how you have trick attack set up as a spell?
    Actually right now I am working on a new action group for the actions tab (Abilities)
    This group you will be able to set up a ability that can use Abilities (Str, Dex. Bonus) or Skill bonus for your attack with a effect and damage section.
    It will be alot like a spell set up but wont be part of spell list so it wont parse when you parse spells.
    I will try and add RP cost in also.
    Ultimate License
    Lets Play a RPG

Thread Information