FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 44 of 110 First ... 3442434445465494 ... Last
    Test built 1.09 (building starship).. it wants to add weapon to the "systems" fields when you add a weapon to a mount in the weapons tab.. what has been done so far with the starship building seems to work pretty good.

*************** The only constant in the universe is change. *****************

I would think it counts as a system despite being put on a mount for PCU tracking reasons
    FG Ultimate License
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)

Test Build 1.09 is still missing the following from core rulebook

Computer Table - Missing Self-Charging on table under upgrades section.
    FG Ultimate License

Alien Archive - Doesn't have the 3 starships presented in the book.
    -Endbringer Devil pg 35
    -Oma pg 89
    -Tetrad Caravel pg 123
    FG Ultimate License

Removing ship components doesn't fully remove them

Test 1.09

Was playing around with the Starship building and wanted to say I'm super psyched for the full release - it looks awesome!

I made a few mistakes adding ship systems and noticed that once the extra systems were removed, the PCU and BP lists still had them listed and counted in the calculated value, and they had to be removed manually.
    Ship with accidental extra modules.PNG; Modules corrected but wrong PCU.PNG; Modules corrected but wrong BP.PNG

Still, great work guys!

Quote Originally Posted by DoktorHouse View Post
    Test 1.09

Was playing around with the Starship building and wanted to say I'm super psyched for the full release - it looks awesome!

I made a few mistakes adding ship systems and noticed that once the extra systems were removed, the PCU and BP lists still had them listed and counted in the calculated value, and they had to be removed manually.
    Ship with accidental extra modules.PNG; Modules corrected but wrong PCU.PNG; Modules corrected but wrong BP.PNG

Still, great work guys!
    I will talk again with the developer, I brought that issue up to him before. We have to see if there is a way to do it.
    But for now if you remove a Item from the ship make sure you also remove it fro the PCU an BP summary areas. This will correct the calulations for those areas.
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

Quote Originally Posted by Samarex View Post
    I will talk again with the developer, I brought that issue up to him before. We have to see if there is a way to do it.
    But for now if you remove a Item from the ship make sure you also remove it fro the PCU an BP summary areas. This will correct the calulations for those areas.
    I did notice the manual removal worked. Thanks! Sorry for listing a duplicate - I must've scrolled right past it when checking.

v1.08 - Base Class Creation Error

I am attempting to create a custom class for a player in my campaign. This would be a brand new class and not one that is already in any book. Unfortunately, I am hitting a wall and I don't know the way to get around it. The console is throwing the following error: Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:2082: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value). Since the rule set is in the vault, I cannot figure out why this is being tossed or what field I am missing.

After some testing, unless the class is in actually already in the rule set, FG will toss that error thus preventing the creation of new classes. During my test, I created my custom class and when attempting to add the class to the character sheet, it tosses the error listed above. Remove the name of the custom class and then add in an existing class (my second test was operative) and it loaded everything properly.

I am assuming this is what is intended per a previous post when you stated you cannot re-name classes. It just seems to limit what I can and cannot enter.
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

Quote Originally Posted by Blahness98 View Post
    v1.08 - Base Class Creation Error

I am attempting to create a custom class for a player in my campaign. This would be a brand new class and not one that is already in any book. Unfortunately, I am hitting a wall and I don't know the way to get around it. The console is throwing the following error: Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:2082: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value). Since the rule set is in the vault, I cannot figure out why this is being tossed or what field I am missing.

After some testing, unless the class is in actually already in the rule set, FG will toss that error thus preventing the creation of new classes. During my test, I created my custom class and when attempting to add the class to the character sheet, it tosses the error listed above. Remove the name of the custom class and then add in an existing class (my second test was operative) and it loaded everything properly.

I am assuming this is what is intended per a previous post when you stated you cannot re-name classes. It just seems to limit what I can and cannot enter.
    I will look into it and see whats going on.
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

I'm not sure if this has been requested before.

Could the reference manual be updated with links instead of "see page 123" text. For example, the Startship Combat -> Roles page has a bunch of "see page 322", "see page 317" etc. references. Could these have links added to allow immediate access to the relevant reference manual entry? Otherwise, it can be quite difficult navigating to the correct page, without referring to the actual PDF or physical product.

Here's an example from the Pathfinder Bestiary 3 module - a reference to another page number is replaced with a "link below" reference and then a link is provided at the next break in the text.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Trenloe; April 27th, 2018 at 15:36.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information