DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 40 of 42 First ... 303839404142 Last

Thread: 5E Enhancer

Quote Originally Posted by eporrini View Post
    This is one of my favorite extensions and I hope to see it supported again. @Daddydoggerman, any thoughts on creating another extension module that incorporates the save success overlay? The other extension that also does that (Matjam's) seems to now also be floundering without support.
    What support you need? It's working.

Quote Originally Posted by daddyogreman View Post
    Agreed. The lesson it taught me is I won't use an extension that isn't opened up to community development anymore.
    Thanks for the work!

The thing I liked the most about this ext was the height widget and how it used it to calculate ranges for weapon attacks. I used height part (- the range cal) now but I have dropped the rest and pieced most of functionality back together with your help!

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    Thanks for the work!

The thing I liked the most about this ext was the height widget and how it used it to calculate ranges for weapon attacks. I used height part (- the range cal) now but I have dropped the rest and pieced most of functionality back together with your help!
    The height ext is working in unity. I still use it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    What support you need? It's working.
    When I load this extension now (unforked, just the original latest) it throws the following errors:
    [2/23/2021 7:17:09 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/combat_manager_helper.lua"]:2: attempt to call field 'verbose' (a nil value)
    [2/23/2021 7:17:09 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/token_overlay_manager.lua"]:4: attempt to call field 'verbose' (a nil value)

Then, when an attack roll is attempted using any method, the following errors occur and the attack does not comlete:
    [2/23/2021 7:20:07 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/automatic_range_modifier/manager_ac..."]:372: attempt to index global 'ActorManager2' (a nil value)
    [2/23/2021 7:20:08 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "combat_tracker/scripts/combat_tracker_host_..."]:2: attempt to call field 'verbose' (a nil value)
    [2/23/2021 7:20:08 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "combat_tracker/scripts/combat_tracker_host_..."]:2: attempt to call field 'verbose' (a nil value)

The height ext is working in unity. I still use it.
    Yeah, I use the height still but turned off the range & flanking ext due to errors. That is where the true range caluculation is located. The height widget is just for visuals at this point.

When I load this extension now (unforked, just the original latest) it throws the following errors:
    [2/23/2021 7:17:09 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/combat_manager_helper.lua"]:2: attempt to call field 'verbose' (a nil value)
    [2/23/2021 7:17:09 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/token_overlay_manager.lua"]:4: attempt to call field 'verbose' (a nil value)

Then, when an attack roll is attempted using any method, the following errors occur and the attack does not comlete:
    [2/23/2021 7:20:07 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/automatic_range_modifier/manager_ac..."]:372: attempt to index global 'ActorManager2' (a nil value)
    What ext you talking about? You said Matjam's status indicators is floundering without support, and I said what support does it need when its already working.

If you talking about 5E-Enhancer, yeah was a great ext, however, without support its totally broken and I suggest you move to another fix for whatever you need.

The only thing I use from Enhancer now is Height sub ext. Which currently works fine. (other than it doesn't do range checks based on height and my other range checking ext, which is listed a few posts up)

What ext you talking about? You said Matjam's status indicators is floundering without support, and I said what support does it need when its already working.

If you talking about 5E-Enhancer, yeah was a great ext, however, without support its totally broken and I suggest you move to another fix for whatever you need.

The only thing I use from Enhancer now is Height sub ext. Which currently works fine. (other than it doesn't do range checks based on height and my other range checking ext, which is listed a few posts up)
    I was talking about 5E-Enhancer breaking and the fact that when I looked for an alternative and saw Matjam's I noticed at the end of the thread supporting that extension that people are posting errors and that Matjam is no longer responding. I do plan on trying out Matjam's myself, but the larger point I was making is that it's not supported and seems to be having issues (at least for some people).

I was talking about 5E-Enhancer breaking and the fact that when I looked for an alternative and saw Matjam's I noticed at the end of the thread supporting that extension that people are posting errors and that Matjam is no longer responding. I do plan on trying out Matjam's myself, but the larger point I was making is that it's not supported and seems to be having issues (at least for some people).
    The ext working fine, those people posting are having issues that might be related but not caused by the ext.

My major issue using that ext over this one for status indicator is (this is kinda a side topic) is that this one allows players to see the success and fails. That one does not. However, this one has the issue of needing to do /dsav to clear it, while that one uses clears on change of turns.

Quote Originally Posted by daddyogreman View Post
    Agreed. The lesson it taught me is I won't use an extension that isn't opened up to community development anymore.
    I know I am not lone if saying that RFIA++ would be a great ext to take over (if possible). It currently works with a couple of bugs but it is a fan favorite around here. Either way I don't want to give you more work and I am appreciative for all the efforts!

Since the update I keep getting this error:

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/automatic_range_modifier/manager_ac..."]:372: attempt to index global 'ActorManager2' (a nil value)

Whenever anyone tries to roll to hit.

Thread Information