STAR TREK 2d20
Page 51 of 109 First ... 41495051525361101 ... Last
    I'm afraid that's beyond the scope of the wizard, at least in the current state, since it involves campaign data.
    Ruleset Wizard
    The Ruleset Development Environment
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials
    Damned's Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    This is not something that can be done by extension/ruleset.
    Thanks for the reply psicodelix & damned! While that is a bit disappointing, I understand. Hopefully, this will be something added to Fantasy Grounds in the not too distant future.

Feature request:
    • Ability to double-click a line in the code explorer (or maybe ctrl-double-click) and have the file with that line open and highlight as appropriate. So for lua it is that line. For a gui element it would be that element.
    • For lua files the ability to name the registration name instead of it being forced to be the name of the file. It could default to the name of the file.
    • Ability to turn off inclusion of RulesetWizardDiceRoller.lua in the build.

As always thanks for such a great tool.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by jharp View Post
    Feature request:
    • Ability to double-click a line in the code explorer (or maybe ctrl-double-click) and have the file with that line open and highlight as appropriate. So for lua it is that line. For a gui element it would be that element.
    • For lua files the ability to name the registration name instead of it being forced to be the name of the file. It could default to the name of the file.
    • Ability to turn off inclusion of RulesetWizardDiceRoller.lua in the build.

As always thanks for such a great tool.

Jason
    Requests s 1 and 3 are ok, added to the wish list.

Regarding the second, for me one of the most annoying things about the CoreRPG design is that the names of the files do not correspond to the names of the classes they contain, or to the name of the registered script. In my opinion it is something that only serves to cause confusion to beginner developers. As an example, what is the reason that the CombatManager script is in the manager_combat.lua file?

why do you want to have different names?
    Ruleset Wizard
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

I've started to support some legacy code and it would be nice to be able to retain the structure as defined by the original developer rather than rename the files. For me I tend to want to name them the same but having a choice when needed would be nice.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by jharp View Post
    I've started to support some legacy code and it would be nice to be able to retain the structure as defined by the original developer rather than rename the files. For me I tend to want to name them the same but having a choice when needed would be nice.

Jason
    ok, I will think about it and see what I can do.
    Ruleset Wizard
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

There is a new update! And version 0.7.7 is reached:

https://www.rulesetwizard.com/0-7-7-update/
    Ruleset Wizard
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

A couple of questions about Ruleset Wizard

Greetings,

On your website, on the 'disclaimer' page for the pre-release, under the free version limitations section, it states:
    You don’t receive automatic updates on new releases.
    This implies that the paid-for version of Ruleset Wizard has automatic updates...

However, I just looked at the version number of my current Ruleset Wizard, and it is still back at 0.7.5.

So... how do we update Ruleset Wizard?

On a different topic, I am wondering if there might be a tutorial forthcoming on using the Radio List control? I haven't found one in your current collection of videos.

Having said that, I will also mention that I only just now noticed damned's extensive collection of tutorial videos. I definitely need to browse through those, as well.

Anyway, I'm only just getting started with this. While it is a daunting task (learning how to adapt a ruleset), I am making progress, and this tool is really helping.

Thanks!!

- s.west

Open up the Ruleset Wizard, You will see the button that is the Double arrow circle with have a red exclamation point... click that.

Quote Originally Posted by swest View Post
    Greetings,

On your website, on the 'disclaimer' page for the pre-release, under the free version limitations section, it states:

This implies that the paid-for version of Ruleset Wizard has automatic updates...

However, I just looked at the version number of my current Ruleset Wizard, and it is still back at 0.7.5.

So... how do we update Ruleset Wizard?

On a different topic, I am wondering if there might be a tutorial forthcoming on using the Radio List control? I haven't found one in your current collection of videos.

Having said that, I will also mention that I only just now noticed damned's extensive collection of tutorial videos. I definitely need to browse through those, as well.

Anyway, I'm only just getting started with this. While it is a daunting task (learning how to adapt a ruleset), I am making progress, and this tool is really helping.

Thanks!!

- s.west

Thread Information