DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 33 of 110 First ... 2331323334354383 ... Last
    Here's the repro steps on the missing key ability modifier...

* Create new character
    * Fill in name 'Tester'
    * Click ability editor - Stats 10, 12, 12, 15, 10, 11
    * Drag 'Human' and drop on race, choose Intelligence to boost
    * Drag 'Scholar' and drop on theme - change Key Ability as 'Int' (This is the mistake I made)
    * Drag 'Technomancer' and drop on class - notice that it has no key ability - in the XML file under the classes node it is missing classkey and classkeymod

in the combat tracker if you set it to show monsters status(healthy,wounded,critical,dying,dead. etc etc) it is just a blank rectangle with no status inside it.

natural 20's cause an error message if you have no target and do not show in the chat window(which has caused some arguments about the validity of the 20)

The order of your operations appear to be incorrect. That is what might be causing the issue. These are my steps..

New Character
    Named it "TechnoMook"
    Tossed on the theme.
    Tossed the race.
    FG autopopped the Ability Points box.
    Filled in the box.
    Abilities.PNG
    Dropped Technomancer on.
    Key ability there.
    Key ability there.PNG

The way you are doing it, it will not auto fill it and it will leave it as "Base" as the key ability. You can then click the box and change it to Int, but it will not update the RP threshold. The steps are there in the wiki for the character sheet and if followed they work. See the wiki here.

Sorry if this post sounds negative, my cold just decided to let me know it still cares and I am half aware of what I am typing. Hopefully this makes sense..
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

@Blahness98, thanks for the note. I didn't see the wiki before, and that will help.

If the software/ruleset cannot detect that you are doing things in the wrong order and prevent it, I humbly request that maybe the Key Ability field be editable so you can fix things once their screwed up. I fixed mine by opening the XML of my completed character, and creating a new level-1 char that had the correct key ability, and then figuring out what nodes to move over, and how to manually adjust my resolve points. So my character sheet is great, and everything is dandy. But I'm guessing I won't be the only one to ever run into this, particularly since the order of character creation seems out-of-order compared to the 5e ruleset. (Not that it's wrong in any way, it just doesn't have any for me to know it's wrong, or to fix it after the fact.)

Quote Originally Posted by lordjeb View Post
    Here's the repro steps on the missing key ability modifier...

* Create new character
    * Fill in name 'Tester'
    * Click ability editor - Stats 10, 12, 12, 15, 10, 11
    * Drag 'Human' and drop on race, choose Intelligence to boost
    * Drag 'Scholar' and drop on theme - change Key Ability as 'Int' (This is the mistake I made)
    * Drag 'Technomancer' and drop on class - notice that it has no key ability - in the XML file under the classes node it is missing classkey and classkeymod
    Thats why,
    Steps are
    Drop in Race (Adjusts ability scores for race automatic)
    Drop in Theme (Adjusts ability score from theme Automatic)
    ----Abilities Editor Automatically Opens to Add your 10 points.
    Drop in Class
    Last edited by Samarex; March 24th, 2018 at 23:54.
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

@Blahness98, thanks for the note. I didn't see the wiki before, and that will help.

If the software/ruleset cannot detect that you are doing things in the wrong order and prevent it, I humbly request that maybe the Key Ability field be editable so you can fix things once their screwed up. I fixed mine by opening the XML of my completed character, and creating a new level-1 char that had the correct key ability, and then figuring out what nodes to move over, and how to manually adjust my resolve points. So my character sheet is great, and everything is dandy. But I'm guessing I won't be the only one to ever run into this, particularly since the order of character creation seems out-of-order compared to the 5e ruleset. (Not that it's wrong in any way, it just doesn't have any for me to know it's wrong, or to fix it after the fact.)
    Ok I have made some changes.
    Now if you Try to Drop in a Class or try to open the ability editor you are told in Chat Box
    Select Race and Theme before Adding Class or Select Race and Theme before editing Ability Stats. (Note Drone only require Race and you are told that too.)
    After you Drop in your Race and Theme the Ability Editor will still automatically open to apply your 10 points.
    Key Ability is not there at this point.
    After you have adjusted your Ability Score Base Values and closed the editor you can reopen it but the Key Ability is still not shown.
    Once you drop in your Class you can open the Editor and see your Key Ability.

Hope this helps preventing errors in the first steps of Character Creation.

As far as "character creation seems out-of-order compared to the 5e ruleset."
    Yes it is not the same as 3.5/Pathfinder/5E or most rulesets. Most have you roll your stats and apply then start all your selecting. But in Starfinder the rules are designed for you to
    1- Create a Character Concept. (What are you looking for in your Character.)
    Review Races/Themes/Classes for what they have to offer
    Once you have your Concept decided.
    2- Select your Race (FG Drop it in Charactersheet).
    3- Select your Theme (FG Drop it in Charactersheet).
    These steps set up your ability scores to adjusted values from Race and Theme.
    4- Choose a Class. ( now this was confusing at first but after really reading the step hard. Its not telling us to APPLY the class only to Review the class. What is the classes key features and key ability so you have a better idea what you should set you final Ability Score adjustment to.
    5- Finalize your Ability Scores (add your 10 Points) -This is the primary way to do this step. But there are alternate rules for ability Score generation. The ruleset is designed automation for the Primary way, but if you use one of the alternate way, go ahead and make your rolls or what ever is decided on. Add in your Race and Theme adjustments then set the Base values to those numbers.
    6- Apply your Class (FG Drop it in Charactersheet). Some of this is automated some is not at this point. You will need to go thru your abilities and features and configure your character.
    Then from here on is standard add Skills/Feats Equipment and the fine details.

I have done my best to try and make things as simple as possible.
    Last edited by Samarex; March 25th, 2018 at 08:14.
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

Blog Entries

Great suggestion lordjeb. Many error checking routines are not possible to code or are quite challenging to the point of making them not worthwhile.
    Following the character creation steps as per the rulebook and as per the guide should work for you.
    If your char is fubar - creating a new one following the steps - should only take a fistful of minutes.

Hi check this before posting to make sure I do not reapeat a bug

The critical doesn't apply the effect : example the Laser Pistol, Azimut, on critical the target get a burning effet of 1d4, while playing a game I saw it is not the case.
    Temporary I created and effect of : Burning; DMGO: 1d4 fire, which works fine but it would be great to either have it build automatically (very long) or opening a field ine the weapons to manually enter the effect (shorter)

Thanks

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...der-Known-Bugs
    DMed in this :
    Pathfinder,Forgotten realms, Dark sun, Birthright, Ravenloft, Mystara, Own creation
    2e, 3.5 & 5

Encumberance Calculation bug

I have an inventory list with 3.2 bulk by my calculation but I am getting a total bulk of 2. I suspect it may be related to multiple entries of the same item? Just a hunch. Anyway here is a screenshot of the bug.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mithtaken; March 25th, 2018 at 19:34. Reason: Fix my dumb grammer

Quote Originally Posted by Mithtaken View Post
    I have an inventory list with 3.2 bulk by my calculation but I am getting a total bulk of 2. I suspect it may be related to multiple entries of the same item? Just a hunch. Anyway here is an screenshot of bug.
    I can confirm this. I even tried to stack up items of same type, but it still did'nt add up. I moved all equiped items into the bag, still no change.

It kind of feels like it does'nt keep track of "Light Bulk". Are we supposed to keep track of this manually?
    Last edited by Allmight; March 25th, 2018 at 19:57.
    Fantasy Grounds Official Discord Server
    [ULTIMATE LICENSE HOLDER]
    [FGU BACKER]

Thread Information