STAR TREK 2d20
Page 99 of 110 First ... 4989979899100101109 ... Last

1) Weirdly this one resolved itself once i restarted the instance, all the spells i had tried to add just showed up
    2) Archetypes are core to the game,they change the abilities added so it would be useful to be able to add them to get the characters
    3) The Battle Harness does 1d10 Bludgeoning damage (CRB Page 204), all power armor has a specific damage rating that affects melee damage. Hammerfist essentially just gives the weapon a level and a bonus to the modifier in this case

I'm not hounding here, I had some issues and I was told specifically to post them here. Archetypes are a huge part of character creation, even if they are optional for players they impact the abilities gained through advancement. Skills are auto-calculated but then you have to go in and modify them all because it only auto-calculates using *some* of the data that influences the score, armor doesnt modify movement or skill scores and neither do the feats etc that make modifications.

Again, I get that its only been around 2.5 years and no one is going to get it done overnight. I was using 5e as an example of how FG makes character creation pretty painless. I am mainly asking *if* cleaning up character creation is on the road map or is it going to remain a largely manual affair?

EDIT: Appreciate the advice on reporting, will add screens and xml if I see anything else that's a problem!

Quote Originally Posted by taffysaint View Post
    Again, I get that its only been around 2.5 years and no one is going to get it done overnight. I was using 5e as an example of how FG makes character creation pretty painless. I am mainly asking *if* cleaning up character creation is on the road map or is it going to remain a largely manual affair?
    Don't get me wrong, you have the same general complaint that I had prior to getting involved in helping the developer with the rule set. Once you dive below the covers though, you realize what a mess was inherited because the original developer tried to take the pathfinder rule set and make it starfinder. We are living with a lot of the sins of the past unless we were to do a complete rewrite from scratch (well, sitting on top of CoreRPG at any rate). Either path that is taken will be a huge effort to clean up, and not one that will come quickly. Extension developers are the quickest path forward, but that level of automation isn't something taken on lightly...
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    Don't get me wrong, you have the same general complaint that I had prior to getting involved in helping the developer with the rule set. Once you dive below the covers though, you realize what a mess was inherited because the original developer tried to take the pathfinder rule set and make it starfinder. We are living with a lot of the sins of the past unless we were to do a complete rewrite from scratch (well, sitting on top of CoreRPG at any rate). Either path that is taken will be a huge effort to clean up, and not one that will come quickly. Extension developers are the quickest path forward, but that level of automation isn't something taken on lightly...
    I see that Grenades were added in FGU, maybe Archetypes and Power Armor can be added with the roll-out of FGU Production? Also, what happened to Attack of the Swarm AP #5? I see 1-4 and 6, but no 5. Dawn of Flame is still missing #6

It's great that you've begun rolling out SFS!! I'm going to run #1-02 soon. Can you add #1-00 & #1-03? Please keep up the good work!
    Last edited by jrock1; April 10th, 2020 at 04:27.

Gotcha, I didn't know about the dev history here, if someone has tried to shoehorn the SF ruleset onto an PF1 'engine' I can see how that would create huge problems. Hopefully there will be a wider project to do a rewrite in the future. Presumably PF2e does not have the same problems? (was planning on running PF on FG too!)

Quote Originally Posted by jrock1 View Post
    I see that Grenades were added in FGU, maybe Archetypes and Power Armor can be added with the roll-out of FGU Production? Also, what happened to Attack of the Swarm AP #5? I see 1-4 and 6, but no 5. Dawn of Flame is still missing #6

It's great that you've begun rolling out SFS!! I'm going to run #1-02 soon. Can you add #1-00 & #1-03? Please keep up the good work!
    There is another thread about that AP that explains
    aka Laendra

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

1) Weirdly this one resolved itself once i restarted the instance, all the spells i had tried to add just showed up
    2) Archetypes are core to the game,they change the abilities added so it would be useful to be able to add them to get the characters
    3) The Battle Harness does 1d10 Bludgeoning damage (CRB Page 204), all power armor has a specific damage rating that affects melee damage. Hammerfist essentially just gives the weapon a level and a bonus to the modifier in this case

I'm not hounding here, I had some issues and I was told specifically to post them here. Archetypes are a huge part of character creation, even if they are optional for players they impact the abilities gained through advancement. Skills are auto-calculated but then you have to go in and modify them all because it only auto-calculates using *some* of the data that influences the score, armor doesnt modify movement or skill scores and neither do the feats etc that make modifications.

EDIT: Appreciate the advice on reporting, will add screens and xml if I see anything else that's a problem!
    Regarding Archetypes, the way to add them is to click on the magnifying glass in the Class field on the main tab of the character sheet. you will see Archetype in the popup, drag and drop your archetype there...
    aka Laendra

Bug, been reported. have your GM add the class for now
    This should be fixed with Apr 7th update.
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

Gotcha, I didn't know about the dev history here, if someone has tried to shoehorn the SF ruleset onto an PF1 'engine' I can see how that would create huge problems. Hopefully there will be a wider project to do a rewrite in the future. Presumably PF2e does not have the same problems? (was planning on running PF on FG too!)
    Just as someone on the sidelines, Starfinder has a crazy high amount of fiddly unique subsystems and they keep making more - and with what little I know about programming that just makes development quite a bit harder. I, for one, appreciate our hard working programmers - this system has come a long way from when it launched and keeps getting better.

Thread Information