FG Spreadshirt Swag

Traveller 1e Ruleset Helpful Tips

Hi all,

Just having downloaded and working with the 1e rulesets I found a couple of things that weren't clear to me at first how to make work so I thought I'd share my own experience in case others run into similar problems. I hope others consider adding any experience of their own to help other folks new to this and other FG rulesets get off the ground a little more smoothly.

Adding new Worlds

To add worlds to the Traveller 1e Ruleset, I'd recommend first creating groups for your sub-sectors like so...

trav_world_group.png

Once that is done, choose from the drop down sub-sector group you want to add systems to and right click (or use the 'add' option at the bottom) to add a new system. If you forget, and happen to be in the wrong sub-sector when you add a system or do it with the all/ new group selected, simply open up the system you want to move, and drag the little red icon to the left of the name into the appropriate category.

When adding the UWP to fill in the data make sure you follow the appropriate format.

ex. 0508 C4257BD-5 T C G Lt G

trav_uwp_world.png

Make sure at the end of this you use 'G' for green system, 'A' for Amber, or 'R' for Red systems or else you may get an error.

Incidentally, there is a great sub-sector utility out there that I'd recommend - Subsector Map Generator - that can randomly create sub-sectors and, as I recently learned, entire sectors for you,complete with travel routes and the ability to setup empires in your game. If you do use this tool, however, it does not add the 'G' at the end of the UWP for Green systems so make sure you add that when bringing the data into Fantasy grounds.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by chesire; January 20th, 2019 at 17:29.

Adding Attack to NPCs

For some reason I had a lot of trouble adding the proper format for 'Attacks' when adding NPC's. When you drag a weapon from the items to the NPC it adds most of the information except for the attach which makes sense given the variable skills and ability modifiers to be considered. When I was trying to put in the appropriate attach roll I was using the full roll plus modifier (ie. 2d6+3) similar to how the damage is done. The appropriate number to put in the "Attack" field for the NPC Weapon actions is simply the modifier (ie. 3). Seems so obvious now when looking at how it's done on my character sheets but for some reason this had me stumped for the longest time. Here's an example of how it should work.

trav_npc_attack.png

Quote Originally Posted by chesire View Post
    Adding Attack to NPCs

For some reason I had a lot of trouble adding the proper format for 'Attacks' when adding NPC's. When you drag a weapon from the items to the NPC it adds most of the information except for the attach which makes sense given the variable skills and ability modifiers to be considered. When I was trying to put in the appropriate attach roll I was using the full roll plus modifier (ie. 2d6+3) similar to how the damage is done. The appropriate number to put in the "Attack" field for the NPC Weapon actions is simply the modifier (ie. 3). Seems so obvious now when looking at how it's done on my character sheets but for some reason this had me stumped for the longest time. Here's an example of how it should work.

trav_npc_attack.png
    Thanks for these. It's too easy for me to understand what data I need to add. Maybe I can rename the title 'Atk Mod'?

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Thread Information