STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Cool - glad you've got it working.

As an FYI - FG has to use very specific syntax for things like effects (and other areas as well), so that it doesn't pick up random words that aren't actually an effect. As such, when you're looking at FG syntax examples just keep in mind to use the exact same case (upper, lower, whatever) - then things should work fine.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ok I got another for you.

if Bloodied HEAL 5+Wis

Quote Originally Posted by crittman View Post
    if Bloodied HEAL 5+Wis
    Firstly, effects with [WIS] need to be applied from the PC character sheet powers tab - as it is the process of adding the effect to the target that parses out [WIS] and adds the numerical bonus to the effect in the combat trackers.

Secondly, (you may already know this, but I'll mention it anyway): effects change actions, they don't trigger actions. So, a HEAL effect will adjust heal actions - not initiate a heal action. So, if you want to have some automation that triggers 5+Wis healing when a target becomes bloodied, that isn't possible.

Thirdly - and this is probably a bug. HEAL effects don't seem to be working currently for healing that doesn't have a healing surge value (HSV) - at least in my testing I can't get a basic HEAL: 5 to adjust a healing action of just 1d8 with no HSV added.
    Last edited by Trenloe; April 3rd, 2017 at 00:38.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Well that just sucks. The power attacks target and heals you if you are bloodied was hoping to find a way to automate that.

Well that just sucks. The power attacks target and heals you if you are bloodied was hoping to find a way to automate that.
    Add a Heal action to the power, and trigger that (click the heal action button) if the target is bloodied?

I bet there is no automation for sliding/pushing a target aswell.

I bet there is no automation for sliding/pushing a target aswell.
    There is no map based automation.

FG cannot possibly provide automation for every possible use of a power/eventuality within a RPG system, especially complex battlemap based systems such as 4E. There are too many exceptions and player/GM input needed that it would just be impossible to do accurately. And then there's always GMs/Players with house rules that do things differently. So, most rulesets will aim to automate a maximum of around 80% of common tasks. Beyond that will require manual interaction from the GM and players.

Darnit I wanted to be a truly lazy GM

That said, it might be nice to allow the player to move another model - perhaps done the same way that having the GM confirm model movement works.

Thread Information