DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    I hope it is useful The next thing I do is maybe the automatic parsing of the descriptors in the spells (such that one has not to write "fear" in that one line; )
    That would be really really great. Our group plays a lot of high level pathfinder, and utilizes most of the effects to automate combat as much as possible. This is a good extension, but if you manage to automatically parse things like: Fear, sleep, compulsion, mind affecting (and all the subschools), poision, etc this extension would be truly awsome.

Thank you for your great work kelrugem, and we hope you manage to do this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Svandal View Post
    That would be really really great. Our group plays a lot of high level pathfinder, and utilizes most of the effects to automate combat as much as possible. This is a good extension, but if you manage to automatically parse things like: Fear, sleep, compulsion, mind affecting (and all the subschools), poision, etc this extension would be truly awsome.

Thank you for your great work kelrugem, and we hope you manage to do this as well.
    Thank you

Ah, good to know that this can be useful for some people Then I try it when I find time for it; when there is an online list about all existing descriptors of a spell in the school entry then this should be somehow possible

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Thank you

Ah, good to know that this can be useful for some people Then I try it when I find time for it; when there is an online list about all existing descriptors of a spell in the school entry then this should be somehow possible
    I will try to help out then. With my 10 years of experience with D&D 3.5 and pathfinder this is what I can come up with on top of my head. If somebody knows of anything else please post it here to help Kelrugem.

For descriptors and subschools:
    https://www.d20pfsrd.com/Magic/#TOC-Descriptor-

Here is a list:
    Descriptors:
    Acid
    Air
    Chaotic
    Cold
    Curse
    Darkness
    Death
    Disease
    Draconic
    Earth
    Electricity
    Emotion
    Evil
    Fear
    Fire
    Force
    Good
    Language-Dependent
    Lawful
    Light
    Meditative
    Mind-Affecting
    Pain
    Poison
    Ruse
    Shadow
    Sonic
    Water

Subschools:
    Calling
    Creation
    Healing
    Summoning
    Teleportation
    Scrying
    Charm
    Compulsion
    Figment
    Glamer
    Pattern
    Phantasm
    Shadow
    Polymorph

Might be usefull and shows in the saves section in a "()" (Undead have immunities vs fort saves except when it works on objects or is harmless):
    object
    harmless

Other (But might be hard to implement, and it not that usefull) (Some creatures are immune to these effects)
    Sleep
    paralysis
    morale

For subschool and descroptors, the always show up in the "School" section of the spell. Subschools is in "()" and descriptor is in"[]"
    "
    Suggestion
    School enchantment (compulsion) [language-dependent, mind-affecting]
    "
    For undead it might be usefull to get the object or harmless descriptor. Example is:
    "
    Disintegrate
    Saving Throw Fortitude partial (object);
    "

I am guessing it will be l lot easier to do this automatically if you just skip my "other" list, since this does not show up in one specific place in the spell description.

Ah, thank you very much I found a list for 3.5e but Pathfinder seems to have some additional/another descriptors etc Then I am going to try this out (for your "other" list: yes, this may have to be done manually, i.e. manually writing paralysis in the tag line. But I may think about automatic parsing when the spell name is nice enough; e.g. for the 'sleep' spell it is clear that it needs 'sleep' as a tag). But it may take some time until I have enough free time again

I updated the extension There is now automatic parsing of tags for subschools, descriptors, object and harmless tags (in saves and resistance; although I do not know if 'harmless' and 'object' are useful at the moment. It may be good when they are not usable since there are spells with harmless for saves but not for spell resistance but the tag 'harmless' would be parsed. Thus, two different 'harmless' may be good, but as long as I do not see any use for that I will not add them to avoid unnecessary complex things) Moreover, the parsing for descriptors and subschools is very general, basically every additional word next to the school is parsed So, for Enchantment (test) [alsotest] as school entry one would automatically get the tags 'test' and 'alsotest' So, you can use your own descriptors and subschools One warning: The code does not like special signs like '-', thence, the tags for language-dependent and mind-affecting are 'languagedependent' and 'mindaffecting', respectively (so the same rule as for spelllike ) Reparse your spells or add a spell from the rulemodule again into your action tab to get all the tags
    Last edited by Kelrugem; May 14th, 2019 at 23:01.

Nice. Great work Kelrugem, thank you. This will be a great addition to our games

Quote Originally Posted by Svandal View Post
    Nice. Great work Kelrugem, thank you. This will be a great addition to our games
    Thanks
    You're welcome

Nicely done! I already use your fortification extension and it's been of great use in my Iron Gods game. Definitly gonna add this one too!
    Pathfinder/Traveller GM - Sometimes running CPRed, CoC, AD&D2E, and other stuff - Ultimate License
    Currently running Pirates of Drinax, and Skulls and Shackles
    Check out my little dungeon map blog

Quote Originally Posted by TrentLane View Post
    Nicely done! I already use your fortification extension and it's been of great use in my Iron Gods game. Definitly gonna add this one too!
    Thank you

I am also open to any suggestion I may add spell immunity (then also the tags harmless and object could really be used) or spell focus (then one does not have to adjust all DC's manually). I was also thinking about adding anti-magic, maybe by giving the option to tell FG whether an effect comes from magic or not. When one then has the anti-magic effect, all magic effects are suppressed But I am not sure yet if any of these things can nicely be done

I'm trying to setup the racial bonuses for my android player, but I think I'm getting something fundamentally wrong here.

Set up like this it works fine against mindaffecting, but nothing else
    SpellSave1.JPG
    SpellSave2.JPG

Set up like this it applies the bonus to every spell, no matter the tags
    SpellSave3.JPG
    SpellSave4.JPG

Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong
    Pathfinder/Traveller GM - Sometimes running CPRed, CoC, AD&D2E, and other stuff - Ultimate License
    Currently running Pirates of Drinax, and Skulls and Shackles
    Check out my little dungeon map blog

Thread Information