DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 9 of 23 First ... 789101119 ... Last
    I just added the next session and it is this week 11/26 - I provide a full explanation in the calendar entry, but short story is holiday and work year end madness are starting so cant do 12/3 and running this make up session a week earlier. Next session after this week 11/26 will likely be 12/17.

New Toy

I will also have a new toy for everyone next session. The game has bogged down at times as I tried to trigger sound FX for players during combat. Dulux Oz's sound extension is amazing, but a little buggy with the Savage Worlds ruleset when it comes to auto triggering sound FX. That being said, I think the mini boards should work and I've created one for each of your characters so that you can trigger them as you see fit. I have a full Syrinscape subsription and access to the internet so if you find any sounds you would like to add to your characters sound board, let me know. For example, I tried to find a could wav or mp3 of Saito saying something in Japanese while attacking but haven't found anything good so far...

Just a reminder we will be running today at 6pm ET (calender should have the time converted for you, but same time as always.) We currently have 5 people registered so room for up to 2 more if anyone else can make it. Spite, I have the server up now if you can make it and want to either make a character of see the pregens available.

Story Recap from 11/26/16

The Rippers continued their recruitment of Sir William Bankes over a weekend dinner party at his Dorset estate in Kingston Lacy. The Rippers learned of Sir Williams’s discovery of an ancient Egyptian Obelisk at a Temple of Isis in Philae Egypt. Solomon Grist’s surprising knowledge on the subject impressed their host and prompted Granver to engage in additional research on the subject at Sir Williams’s extensive library where he learned that the Temple of Isis was reputedly dedicated to the study of reincarnation rituals. Their second day was spent conversing with the guests with both Enrico Gambucinni and Jonathan Jellicoe showing great interest in the Rippers reasons for visiting the Bankes estate.

The weekend of thoughtful conversation, lavish meals, horseback riding through the country side estate and trick shooting demonstrations by Sallie Dalton was interrupted when Granver Stone discovered the body of police officer Maxwell Puget in the room occupied by Italian art collector Enrico Gambuccini.

Originally believing Enrico responsible for the murder, all physical evidence pointed to Enrico being the murderer. However, relying on her psychic gift, Sallie was able to probe the mind of Enrico and conclude he was not the murderer and the evidence was merely an elaborate attempt to frame him for the murder. With this knowledge in hand, the Rippers started questioning the other guests and began to suspect the portly politician Jonathan Jellicoe committed the cold-blooded murder. Sallie again attempted to read this new suspects mind and was repulsed by the experience while coming away with the distinct impression he was responsible for the heinous act regardless of his careful political responses to her questioning.

While the Rippers investigation closed in on the Jellicoe as the murderer, a group of cultists broke into the mansion and headed to the second floor - either in search of something or as a diversion for what was occurring on the estate grounds. Saito dealt with the invaders in his traditional fashion – separating several invaders from their heads, while Clancy’s Colt pistols rang loudly through the mansion stopping the invaders. As the Rippers dealt with the cultists, a man named Hakim Jaleel was busy strapping explosives to the Egyptian obelisk outside. After the Rippers dropped the invading cultists, in an effort to buy more time, Hakim summoned 2 shadow hounds to deal with the Rippers and provide a means for his escape.

The Rippers were initially stymied in their fight against the hounds, with the fearsome ethereal creatures immune to earthly attacks. It was only the magical bolts from Solomon Grist that ultimately defeated the hounds. Unfortunately, the true nature of Hakim’s activity in the hedge maze became apparent as a blinking light strapped to the base of the obelisk was observed during the battle, followed shortly after by a large explosion which destroyed the obelisk.
    Last edited by Talen; November 27th, 2016 at 15:32.

Thanks for the write-up, Talen, I appreciate it. I need to get my hands on a witch gun or something similar

Read All About It - Jack Back?

You will have the opportunity to explore Jellicoe's involvement with the murder at Sir William's estate as an interlude before our next session; however, the streets of London are ablaze with the news of the potential return of Jack the Ripper!

Are we still on for Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by Topdecker View Post
    Are we still on for Saturday?
    Ditto.

Hello all. We are an for this Saturday - Calendar has been updated!

It's been a few weeks since our last game, so I've opened the server up early for anyone who wants to review or update their characters. I believe there was a small update to FG as well since our last session so please check that you are running the most current version. Finally, you can view my blog (linked under my forum name to the left) if you want to read the prior game summaries in order. Otherwise, see you all tonight.

Thread Information