DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

A token discovery!

So again I am really clueless about some things. I had made quite a few purchases of Devin Nights Tokens over on Roll 20 last year. I figured they were lost since I want to use FG.

He was very kind and replied with a message about one of his big packs I asked about, and mentioned that all the packs I got there > (roll20) are still mine and I can DL them and use them for FG. This fact literally made my Friday today!

He also mentioned that FG prefers lower res tokens (100 x 100) and (200 x 200) for medium. The ones I am going to use are 400 x 400. Is the lower res preference because of the 32 bit limitation?

I have Gimp and I think I can 'resize' these tokens down to the preferred size, if anyone has advice on how to do this please let me know.

Will FG Unity be able to handle the larger token pixel sizes and also larger maps?

One a side note not related > I would love to upload a complete hi rez map of Rappan or a similar big dungeon or the entire map of Golarian in hi rez, and have all of it masked and allow the players to explore it without having to reload map pieces. Hey memory is cheap right now (finally) right?

Quote Originally Posted by Larsenex View Post
    I have Gimp and I think I can 'resize' these tokens down to the preferred size, if anyone has advice on how to do this please let me know.
    GIMP can do this with this addon: https://alessandrofrancesconi.it/projects/bimp/
    Pathfinder/Traveller GM - Sometimes running CPRed, CoC, AD&D2E, and other stuff - Ultimate License
    Currently running Pirates of Drinax, and Skulls and Shackles
    Check out my little dungeon map blog

Blog Entries
    He also mentioned that FG prefers lower res tokens (100 x 100) and (200 x 200) for medium. The ones I am going to use are 400 x 400. Is the lower res preference because of the 32 bit limitation?
    Yes. It's also, imo, just makes more sense. I mean how close do you zoom into a token? 400 pixels is more than 1/3 the height of my screen, I don't zoom in that close during combat so I would never see that resolution. Others may use different resolution screens and might zoom in that close, but I don't

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

It's primarily memory, but it's also processing. Just having lots of memory, and a 64-bit app, doesn't suddenly allow you to open massive high-resolution maps immediately and use them without impact to your system - the more pixels there are to process, the more load the computer will be put under. Which will be intensified if using masking, line of sight, etc..

For token sizes, the usual Fantasy Grounds standard is 100x100 for medium sized creatures, 200x200 for large, 300x300 for above large. This makes it easier to resize all tokens together when using a map without a grid, or not using the auto token sizing when using a grid. It also keeps the memory impact at an acceptable level.

If you are converting Devin Night tokens I'd recommend reducing them to a size around the above guidelines and also put them in a token module, so that you can access them only when you need them and not load them every time you open any campaign (impacting campaign load time and memory).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ooo Trenloe thank you. Is there a video on how to create the module?

I don't know about a video, but there are plenty of threads discussing it. Click "Site Search" at the top of the page and enter create token module to see the main ones.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Of course there's a video on how to make a token module https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...389#post382389
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Of course there's a video on how to make a token module https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...389#post382389
    Yeah, top of the list if the search I mentioned is used.

Seek and ye shall find...

I recommend a freeware program called XNViewMP for resizing lots of images. If you set it up right, you could scale all your tokens at once with a few button clicks. I use it for scaling Roll20 map assets (140 px/square) up to the correct size for Dungeon Painter Studio (200 px/square) and it takes me about 2 minutes to do ~400 assets. Most of that is CPU time; it takes about 20 seconds to start the process.

Dark Soul, Thank you. I was going to use the plug in for Gimp but your suggestion seems to be a bit easier. I would like to rescale them all down in batches. I am going to keep a folder for the originals and another for 'FG scaled tokens'.

From there Ill figure out how to make a module and then unpak them as needed. i did not realize i had bought so many packs..heh.

Thread Information