5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 60 of 132 First ... 1050585960616270110 ... Last
    When is the beta scheduled to begin?

Neither the alpha nor beta has been scheduled yet. The beta will occur sometime prior to release. The target release date is December 2019.

Regards,
    JPG

Not completely clear from the KS page:

I understand that FGC DLC and FGC campaigns are compatible with FGU - backwards compatibility

If you upgrade your Standard FGC to Standard FGU license - I assume that you can't run the new FGU in a "FGC mode" - in other words players would need to upgrade to a FGU licenses as well

So if you want to run some campaigns using FGU AND continue to run some campaigns in FGC you would need 2 separate licenses ( that way players don't have to upgrade and you can still use old rule sets )

I don't want to upgrade and find out it forces the players into an upgrade and then the old rule sets aren't compatible

Does that sound right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Nothing rolls over unless you back a specific upgrade in the Kickstarter campaign.

Addressing your comment regarding paying twice the cost you would have had to pay if you'd waited until recently: You've had use of FG for how many years? With free upgrades, support, etc. and you're still getting a good discount for moving over to the new Fantasy Grounds Unity - your FG Classic license will still work. SmiteWorks have been saying for a while that when FG Unity comes out that there will be a sliding scale of upgrade costs - with newer users paying less as they've had less use of the application, and this also encouraged people to buy FG Classic now and use it now, knowing that they wouldn't be hit with an expensive upgrade in the near future.

There have been a few similar comments on the Kickstarter regarding why do people whose cost/year is much less than new users have to pay more for the upgrade. I struggle to grasp an argument where people who've had many years of use, upgrades and support on a product (resulting in a lower equivalent cost/year) shouldn't pay a little bit more than those users who haven't used FG for that long.
    Yeah, I've been seeing similar complaints. At least one person I saw made some kind of assumption that the majority of the code for FGU was the 'same' as in FGC. As a dev, that almost gave me an aneurysm. Besides that, it's not like I can demand a refund of the difference in the price I paid for my Ultimate license just because FG was on sale at one point in time.

Anyway... I've backed it as a Veteran for my Ultimate license and I look forward to trying out the Beta. Thank you to the team for all their hard work on FGU, as well as their work ensuring that our existing modules would be able to carry over without additional licensing fees.

The licenses for FGC and FGU are separate. The Kickstarter is just providing a way for FGC license holders to acquire a discounted FGU license. If you already have an FGC license, you will still be able to continue playing with that license with other FGC clients. For FGU hosted games, all the players will need to be using FGU as well.

The goal is to make all DLC compatible with FGU (if possible); and attempt to make campaigns import smoothly. I'm sure we'll have some hiccups through alpha/beta/release; but our goal is to keep improving.

Regards,
    JPG

So I got my Fantasy Grounds Classic Ultimate license on March 9th 2018. That means the upgrade to Unity for me is $30.00 correct?

Quote Originally Posted by kevdog45 View Post
    So I got my Fantasy Grounds Classic Ultimate license on March 9th 2018. That means the upgrade to Unity for me is $30.00 correct?
    Correct. You are a Rookie.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Yes.

Here's the excerpt from the backer level right now:
    Code:
    Rookie Upgrade - Ultimate

This upgrade is for people who previously bought a Fantasy Grounds Classic Ultimate edition from Steam or our website in 2018 or 2019 and wants access to FGU during the Beta stage. 
    You will be required to submit a valid license key (no subscriptions).
    Cheers,
    JPG

My question would be that there supposed to be access to alpha for newcomers pack? In the sense that it said something about it in the main OP, but it's not one of its bullet points. Is it true that the ultimate would then be needed to gain access to both for even a veteran, and such?

Thread Information