DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 6 of 7 First ... 4567 Last
    We know we can get the 10% discount, but that's an extra $45 we'd be paying. If anything I'd like to know that we can still get the discount (we're looking for) even if they can't bring it to beta on Steam. If a steam beta is just not a possibility for them for some reason, I'd like not to be left out of the deal.
    If I have to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.

I bought FG Classic knowing that Unity was just around the corner. At that time people on the forum were told to buy whichever way was more appropriate for them, be it web-site shop or Steam. Based on this advice I expect to get the same discount via Steam as web-shop users get.

Currently Unity is not in a good shape to play with anyway, so I can wait, although I cannot test network connectivity as demo user.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    You can. But you won't get the 40% discount (or whatever it is), you'll only get the 10% discount.

If their were an easy/quick technical or legal way for SmiteWorks to do it (the Steam license check) I'm sure they would. But since they haven't then I'm sure it's one of those two reasons. Either they don't have a way to do so with a reasonable amount of resources, or their relationship with Steam would be in jeopardy. Right now SW is so over loaded with work on FGU and support requests as it stands they don't have time to take on another labor intensive task.
    Dont we link our steam account on smitework website for this exact reason though? So they can check which license we have and give us the rights to use whichever license we own?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Forben View Post
    Dont we link our steam account on smitework website for this exact reason though? So they can check which license we have and give us the rights to use whichever license we own?
    I don't think so, you link so you can get the DLC you purchased on Steam to be available to FG. My understanding...

FGC is already using a SmiteWorks provided license key (SW gives Steam a bunch of license keys, Steam then gives those out, they are not native Steam keys). The Sync is so that then FG knows to go to go check with Steam about what DLC you own and not which license(s).

But, regardless, my point is that if it were something SmiteWorks could do on their own with a reasonable level of effort, they would. For 5 years I've used this program and payed close attention to how SW treats their customers. Sure, they have made a couple of questionable decisions, but many many times they have gone out of their way to help customers when they really didn't have to and perhaps should not have. So, I have faith that if they knew of a solution that they could reasonable do without hurting other customers, then they would have already done it.

That's my opinion and only mine. Everyone is entitled to their own.

I can also say that SW doesn't get in the weeds publicly with its business decisions or challenges. So I doubt we are going to hear more from them on this until they actually have something solid and substantial to say. I know its frustrating for those wanting to get FGU through Steam, but it is what it is.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I like having my games on Steam for ease of installing on new computers. At least when I get a new laptop I can just log into steam and hit an install button.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    FGU will come to Steam. But not until it is released (i.e. the beta is not and will not be available on Steam).

If you are running via Steam then you are running FGC. You can also check on the launch screen. FGU is version 4.0. FG is currently 3.3.10.
    Is there any benefit in running FGC or FGU on steam? I am not on Steam so not sure what is the benefit in running on that platform.

Quote Originally Posted by TXCBoy36 View Post
    Is there any benefit in running FGC or FGU on steam? I am not on Steam so not sure what is the benefit in running on that platform.
    Good Day TXCBoy36
    The program is exactly the same whether purchased in the store here of Steam. The main difference is if you are located outside the USA there might be monetary exchange rate differences so the price might be cheaper on Steam in those cases. (Also possibly taxes depending on the country of purchase I believe)
    EDIT: I purchase directly from the store here as SW gets more from the sale without Steam taking a chunk a of the profit.
    EDIT 2: Unless you have purchased "Bundles" they do not cross over the discount from one to the other I believe.
    Last edited by Bonkon; May 23rd, 2020 at 22:29.

I am here in the USA and don't ever leave the area so I am assuming that I am good to go as is.

Hi everyone!

I don't know too much about forums, so I'll just ask: do you know...

- when is fgu going to be able on steam?
    - what things will be compatible between fgc and fgu?

I didn't find any link that's up to date with this... so if you have one it'll be appreciate it.

Thanks

Good Day Urheil
    It was mentioned in another thread (It is a popular question) by (I believe it was) Moon Wizard that the majority left is up to Steam approval but the sheer quantity of content might be a delay on Steam's part.

All DLC purchased through the FG store either is or will be compatible with both FGU and FGC (Also DMSGuild I believe). They will have a symbol showing what it is compatible with and if LOS is completed for the FGU version. It has been mentioned elsewhere that you can copy a campaign from FGC to FGU and it will work. You cannot copy a campaign from FGU to FGC

Thread Information