FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 101 of 102 First ... 519199100101102 Last
    Ah. I had unloaded bestiary 1 after reading this discussion from you and MaxAstro
    Max: Trenloe will I am sure correct me if I am mistaken, but my understanding is that is the case so that adventure modules are "feature complete" and you don't need to buy any other books just to run them.
    Trenloe: As far as the local adventure data is concerned that is generally the case - unless the store page specifically calls out any exceptions.

Should the [More Details] in the combat tracker function in the same way? It does not appear to.

Quote Originally Posted by webdove View Post
    Ah. I had unloaded bestiary 1 after reading this discussion from you and MaxAstro
    Max: Trenloe will I am sure correct me if I am mistaken, but my understanding is that is the case so that adventure modules are "feature complete" and you don't need to buy any other books just to run them.
    Trenloe: As far as the local adventure data is concerned that is generally the case - unless the store page specifically calls out any exceptions.
    The lookup data functionality is an exception to this. It was specifically designed to have data listed in individual products (in this case the Creature Abilities at the back of the Bestiary) available for linking from other data records. We followed the same process that Paizo use, linking commonly used features to a single location to reduce space in the product, but also to allow errata to be more easily updated. I get you are saying, but this is an exception to the rule that adventure modules are self contained.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Should the [More Details] in the combat tracker function in the same way? It does not appear to.
    Works fine for me. Remember that in the combat tracker you double-click on the automation summary entries below the one line of the ability.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The lookup data functionality is an exception to this. It was specifically designed to have data listed in individual products (in this case the Creature Abilities at the back of the Bestiary) available for linking from other data records. We followed the same process that Paizo use, linking commonly used features to a single location to reduce space in the product, but also to allow errata to be more easily updated. I get you are saying, but this is an exception to the rule that adventure modules are self contained.
    Simpler updates makes perfect sense. Thanks.

No luck here.
    reefclaw CT entry.png
    Hovering over the bestiary 1/reefclaw combat tracker constrict entry "[More Details]" does not highlight it and double clicking does nothing. The NPC page works fine.

No luck here.
    reefclaw CT entry.png
    Hovering over the bestiary 1/reefclaw combat tracker constrict entry "[More Details]" does not highlight it and double clicking does nothing. The NPC page works fine.
    Like I said in my previous post - for the ability view in the combat tracker use the summary automation text under the single line of the ability. The abilities view in the CT only show the first few words of an ability, not the whole text - as an aid to the GM to see if there's a trigger for the ability or as a quick reminder for the ability, without taking up large amounts of space in the CT. As all of the text isn't shown, it's possible that some of the automation [...] entries won't be shown - so all of the different automation text is shown below. Double-click on CreatureAbility:Constrict (it will highlight when you mouse over) or open the ability window and double-click on [More Details] there.

Ah. If I hover over "Creature Ability:Constrict" that highlights and double clicking opens the Constrict source file. It is confusing that the [More Details] UI behavior is different in the two contexts (harder for my old brain to keep track of).

Thanks for the help.

Player Core

The human ancestry feats Cooperative Soul and Incredible Improvisation are missing their prerequisites.

Thread Information