DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 55 of 56 First ... 54553545556 Last
    Version Update: v5.30

* Feature: Conditional operator logical OR. Will OR IF conditional statements when in succession can chain together. IF: CUSTOM(tic); OR; IF: CUSTOM(toc); ADVATK
    * Feature: Conditional ELSE. See documentation for details
    * Fixed: Conditions in effects added by SAVEADD, SAVEADDP, where not picked up for save vs condition
    * Fixed: HEAL self is back
    * Fixed: DMGO* and REGEN* tags applying from wrong source

Happy Birthday Grim Press

Is it possible to express the following in BCEG? I think the best I can do is a conditional with HP percentage (WOUNDS) and damage type...

"
    While wearing this armor, if you would take 6 or less nonmagical slashing damage before resistance is applied, you take none of that damage instead.
    "

Quote Originally Posted by paladinlee View Post
    Is it possible to express the following in BCEG? I think the best I can do is a conditional with HP percentage (WOUNDS) and damage type...

"
    While wearing this armor, if you would take 6 or less nonmagical slashing damage before resistance is applied, you take none of that damage instead.
    "
    Not sure if you know about the DT function in FGU basic tools for 5E.
    Example

DT: 6 slashing

However, I don't think you can do multi damage type of !magic with it for some reason (maybe a bug).

It's called damage threshold. Also it is applied after resistance based on the damage they would have really taken.

This might be a good place to start doing some of what this armor feature does.

What it does is, if you take less than 6 slashing (in the example) you would take 0, if you took 7 slashing, you would take the full amount of 7 slashing.

If you are looking for a more of a basic DR (damage reduction), you can use the BCEG coding DMGR, which does accept !magic as a feature.

Hahaha! I made this too complicated, sounded like it was a task that required some extra help and didn't bother looking at the base functions. Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    Fixed: DMGO* and REGEN* tags applying from wrong source
    Many thanks, I can confirm my issue is fixed now!

Hotfix v5.30.2

Fixed: Issue with conditionals sometimes not evaluating correctly

Make sure you update to v5.30.2 otherwise you make get incorrect evaluations with IF/IFT

Version Update v5.32

Feature: DMGR will accept a decimal value between 0 and 1 to reduce raw damage (before resistances) by a percentage
    Fixed: Script error when attacking actor on different map
    Fixed: OBSCURED: darkness not working for darkvision

On a side note Grim Press is in the process of updating the 5eAE modules for the most accurate play of 5E rules on any VTT. This is a work in progress and as an example the DMGR change was needed to correctly automate shield guardian, which will be coming to you shortly. If you haven't updated your 5eAE modules lately, you should. There are a bunch of new AURA codings and other changes to provide more accurate automation. You can find the 5eAE packages on DMs Guild. They will not migrate to the forge because of IP reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by paladinlee View Post

"
    "
    You should be able to do most of this withDMGR: 6 slashing but it won’t ignore magical. I can look at adding that. In the mean time most npcs don’t deal magical damage so if that is the case just disable the effect on the gm side

Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    You should be able to do most of this withDMGR: 6 slashing but it won’t ignore magical. I can look at adding that. In the mean time most npcs don’t deal magical damage so if that is the case just disable the effect on the gm side
    I have used: Heavy Armor Master; DMGR: 3 slashing, bludgeoning, piercing, !magic and it seems to work. So maybe DMGR: 6 slashing, !magic

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    I have used: Heavy Armor Master; DMGR: 3 slashing, bludgeoning, piercing, !magic and it seems to work. So maybe DMGR: 6 slashing, !magic
    That would make a 12 dmg slashing attack do 6 damage, instead of 12.
    So it would work for anything that was 6 damage slashing or less, but anything above it, it wouldn't work.

Thread Information