Starfinder Playlist
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    I've considered exposing some the token measurement tool to the API, like the start/end colors and the starting number. I'll run it by John and see if it fits anywhere in the schedule.
    Great to hear that!

Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    As far as "Ease of use" goes... As a software developer of many, many years, I have come to the realization that developers are the WORST people to design things for others to use. We KNOW the intimate and intricate details on how the software we develop works, and so we are too close to the trees to see the forest. This is not a dig on any developers of Fantasy Grounds, but it is a generalization about all developers that, from my experience, has been 100% true with both myself and every other developer I have worked with.

Probably the best thing that Smiteworks could do, to fix "Ease of Use" and "Looks Very Old", would be to hire a competent UI/UX designer as well as put together a rotating UI/UX focus group of users that would get together with the UI/UX lead and discuss usability and design issues, suggestions, and feedback that really has nothing to do with features or rules or automation (per se) that can then be taken back to the developers to focus on for the next iterations.
    I know at one point they had a job posted for a UX/UI position. I don’t see it anymore, so I don’t know if they ever hired someone or decide not to fill that position. Maybe some one from Smiteworks can comment?

I think the biggest functional hurdle for players using FGU is how touchpad unfriendly it is. When my players show up with laptops, no one brings a mouse.

I didn't realize how big of a problem it was until I watched one of my players struggle and fail to use the little doodad in the bottom right of the map to move the map around. Not to mention all of the shortcuts that require using the middle mouse button (doesn't exist) or right and left click simultaneously (also not possible).

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdSign View Post
    I think the biggest functional hurdle for players using FGU is how touchpad unfriendly it is. When my players show up with laptops, no one brings a mouse.

I didn't realize how big of a problem it was until I watched one of my players struggle and fail to use the little doodad in the bottom right of the map to move the map around. Not to mention all of the shortcuts that require using the middle mouse button (doesn't exist) or right and left click simultaneously (also not possible).
    Have you updated? That used to be one of my major complaints but now you can pan with wasd keys and also dragging while holding space.

As mentioned by @snupy - with the recent 2.5D map views, keyboard shortcuts have been added. See this section of the FG Wiki for more information: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...ts+Hotkeys#Map
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Oh that's fantastic. I'll have slightly less grumbling next session!

I miss my thinkpad with the little mouse/joystick thingy.

Thread Information