FG Spreadshirt Swag

How do I give players control of an NCP?

A 5e video online showed that you can just put the NPC in the combat tracker, change it to friendly, and drag it onto the map and the players can control it. This doesn't seem to work in Starfinder for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Markimedes View Post
    A 5e video online showed that you can just put the NPC in the combat tracker, change it to friendly, and drag it onto the map and the players can control it. This doesn't seem to work in Starfinder for me.
    After dragging it onto the map you need to drag the link icon from the combat tracker and drop that onto the portrait of the player that you want to allow control of the NPC.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Hmm that doesn't work. Maybe I'm not following the instructions right? By the Link Icon you mean blue button (circled)? I tried dragging it to the portrait on the combat tracker, as well as onto the icon on the map. Both times it just creates another enemy on the combat tracker, rather than giving control.

Capture.PNG

I also tried dragging the Yaruk token onto Puff's token, which just changed Puff's token to be a Yaruk. Woops.

Ok so I just realized you meant the portrait at the top left of the program. I tried that and it gives the player access to the NPC sheet, but they still can't control it.

Quote Originally Posted by Markimedes View Post
    Ok so I just realized you meant the portrait at the top left of the program. I tried that and it gives the player access to the NPC sheet, but they still can't control it.
    You'll need to switch on Party movement and vision in options if you want the player to be able to move the token for the NPC.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank you. That fixed it. I wish there was a way to only give them access to certain tokens though. I'd rather my players didn't have control over other players' tokens.

Thread Information