5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 85 of 96 First ... 3575838485868795 ... Last

Auto-hidden tokens

Token visibility with Line of Sight + Lighting is awesome and highly useful but it is still very manual for a GM with a sneaky ambush setup.
    Is there an automatic way to have tokens hidden from one another due to a flag or tag that can be applied to each one, whether via the combat tracker or individual tokens themselves?

Maybe a lookup of the (N)PC’s Sneak/Stalk/Hide skill from the linked character sheet of said token(s) vs the Perception/Spot/Search ability of t’other ones?

For just 5e, this could be two tag fields for a Passive Perception and a second for Active Perception/Investigation that gets updated with any die rolls for the skill.
    Same with a kind of Passive Sneak and Active one - or just the one auto-updated field for every skill roll, if that makes things muddled.

An option in Settings could allow this to be switched on or off for those GM not wanting this on at all. Thank you for any pointers on even a player-coded solution!
    Last edited by Majyk; February 26th, 2023 at 10:53. Reason: Spelling

Add such requests to the wish list. (it may also already be there so you can upvote it). Link in my signature.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Hi im tring to make a variant of wizard for a homebrew to make a Defiler wiz ..

how make a defiler point counter , its count a increase numbrer , ( some like inverse the ki points .. ) ?
    i want to automatize , and when you load the class , the feature its load like a power inn ( the counter colud increase manually )
    want to make some similar with psionic point

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by manthys View Post
    Hi im tring to make a variant of wizard for a homebrew to make a Defiler wiz ..

how make a defiler point counter , its count a increase numbrer , ( some like inverse the ki points .. ) ?
    i want to automatize , and when you load the class , the feature its load like a power inn ( the counter colud increase manually )
    want to make some similar with psionic point
    Any automation to increase the counter when spells are used would require that you create or use an extension.
    You can create a power already, and you can manually increment the number, but not sure the benefit. I think I would just start by having the power create a note effect on the PC, and then have the player manually adjust the number on the Combat Tracker each time. You will have to remember to write down the number if you remove the PC from the combat tracker though.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Any automation to increase the counter when spells are used would require that you create or use an extension.
    You can create a power already, and you can manually increment the number, but not sure the benefit. I think I would just start by having the power create a note effect on the PC, and then have the player manually adjust the number on the Combat Tracker each time. You will have to remember to write down the number if you remove the PC from the combat tracker though.
    yes , its much more simple , add a feature call "defiler points" with just the description , and "sugest" manage with a counter put manually in the Notes of the data sheet , thanks

Hi, regarding Great Weapon Fighting, I've added reroll 2 to my weapon property and it seems to work fine on the regular weapon damage. However, when I add effects like smite, sneak attack, or other modifiers (DMG: 3d6, melee) to the weapon damage that should be rerolled, it does not seem to work with those extra dice.

Is there a fix for this?

According to Sage Advice, Great Weapon Fighting is only suppose to apply to the roll of the weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage Advice
    If you use Great Weapon Fighting with a feature like Divine Smite or a spell like hex, do you get to reroll any 1 or 2 you roll for the extra damage? The Great Weapon Fighting feature—which is shared by fighters and paladins—is meant to benefit only the damage roll of the weapon used with the feature. For example, if you use a greatsword with the feature, you can reroll any 1 or 2 you roll on the weapon’s 2d6. If you’re a paladin and use Divine Smite with the greatsword, Great Weapon Fighting doesn’t let you reroll a 1 or 2 that you roll for the damage of Divine Smite.

The main purpose of this limitation is to prevent the tedium of excessive rerolls. Many of the limits in the game are aimed at inhibiting slowdowns. Having no limit would also leave the door open for Great Weapon Fighting to grant more of a damage boost than we intended, although the potential for that is minimal compared to the likelihood that numerous rerolls would bog the game down.
    You can download the PDF here: https://media.wizards.com/2016/downl...Compendium.pdf

Obviously your DM may house rule something different, but the base ruleset follows rules as written.

I have a character in the party whose token always becomes tiny when dropped onto the map from the combat tracker. All the others drop onto the map as medium sized tokens. How do I change the default size of the token when it is dropped?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGunther View Post
    I have a character in the party whose token always becomes tiny when dropped onto the map from the combat tracker. All the others drop onto the map as medium sized tokens. How do I change the default size of the token when it is dropped?
    Do you have the campaign option for Auto-Size Tokens turned on? If not, size will depend upon the image size in pixels.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Make sure that the character has a size noted in the Notes section of the character sheet. Any character with a size of Medium, Small or Tiny will automatically take up a full grid square when added to a map.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information