STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

LOs and Lighting Issues post update

I posted many images in FG Discord so please see link with explanations.

https://discord.com/channels/2745828...11040680071279

BLUF: Lots of wonky behavior WRT LOS and lighting. I was using FG art packs to create walls on top of an image. I tried some troubleshooting on my own including deleting and redoing all the LOS and it just got even crazier.

Just pushed a hot fix with a fix to some of the new lighting shaders from @cpinder. Can you please run a new Check For Updates, and try again?

Regards,
    JPG

OK MW everything is resolving but a door. Opening the door on client , neither client or host can walk through door (with token). Toggling LOS in the layer off then on fixes the issue and both client and host can move token through door. BUT when I close the door we can still pass the token through the opening. Closing the door and toggling the LOS blocks access but we are back to the original problem

LOS errors.jpg

This layer is my third layer from the top and my topmost LOS layer. The fireplace asset has its own LOS layer.

UPDATE: What is happening is the LOS status of the door is not updating until I cycle LOS on the image. I can cycle LOS from any layer or the main toggle under the "Play" section. I just realized this with lighting on because even though the door shows open it is blocking the light.
    Last edited by bayne7400; October 18th, 2022 at 23:23.

It also updates the LOS, lighting, and door passability if you deselect the token then select it again.
    You can also deselect the token, toggle the door, select the token, and it updates LOS, lighting, and the door functionality.
    My cats complain about LOS and passability of the doors in my house. Now I feel their pain.

It looks like this was reported in another thread and Zach confirmed it so there is that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Serfass View Post
    It also updates the LOS, lighting, and door passability if you deselect the token then select it again.
    You can also deselect the token, toggle the door, select the token, and it updates LOS, lighting, and the door functionality.
    My cats complain about LOS and passability of the doors in my house. Now I feel their pain.
    I'm dealing with this issue in the same manner, I have to deselect the token after each action, even when opening/closing the same door. Didn't get to test it with my players yet though.

Blog Entries
    Seems like adjusting lights and vision to nonstandard configurations after the update is not working properly.
    I tested it in 5e and found the same issue...
    set up a nonstandard light and try and add it to a token... it changes it to a standard one... and you can't adjust it... except the 'behavior' that seems to be still adjustable.. and you can set it to a standard one if you like.. but you can't adjust the nonstandard settings and have them stick.
    Similar problems occur with nonstandard vision settings... although they seem to be a little different.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot View Post
    Seems like adjusting lights and vision to nonstandard configurations after the update is not working properly.
    set up a nonstandard light and try and add it to a token... it changes it to a standard one... and you can't adjust it... except the 'behavior' that seems to be still adjustable.. and you can set it to a standard one if you like.. but you can't adjust the nonstandard settings and have them stick.
    Similar problems occur with nonstandard vision settings... although they seem to be a little different.
    I can confirm. Adding token lights from the lighting side panel is ignoring the values in the Light Range fields entirely.
    Also, changing the value in the Behavior dropdown is reseting the values in the Light Range fields back to their 20/40 defaults.
    Tested in both 5e and PF1 with no extensions.

It also seems like disabling LOS is also disabling the second range for token lights.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot View Post
    I had this same issue when placing lights and trying to change their Light Range. Turns out you have to press "ENTER" after putting the new range in, just clicking outside the box no longer works to set it. It seems to stick then.

Thread Information