5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Changing user color impacts other user's colors (5E)

Saw some weird behavior related to changing user/dice color in a new campaign. Basically a user changing their user/dice color changes other users color as well when they roll dice.

In a new 5E campaign:
    1. GM: Set a custom dice color
    2. Client: Connect to GM game
    3. Client: Dice color matches GM color at start
    4. Client: Change dice color to something else
    5. Client: Roll dice, they are expected color
    6. GM: Dice color in tray is unchanged, but roll dice and the colors are instead the client color
    7. GM: Open color picker. Color selected matches Client.
    8. GM: Change dice color
    9. GM: Roll dice, they are expected color again
    10. Client: Roll dice, color is now GM color.

Notes:
    • All rolls are done by dragging from the dice tray into chat box
    • New 5e campaign, no extensions, no themes, no modules, no characters (completely empty)
    • LAN game with two computers on the same network
    • GM on one PC, Client on a separate PC
    • GM and player client are different FG accounts
    • FGU v4.0.10 2021-02-04
    • 5e ruleset version 2021-03-09
    • Seen on Windows 10 and MacOS

I've seen this happen as well but only when the client was connected but hadn't selected a Pc from the Character tab yet, once a character was selected the dice colour was their own, if a player has two characters they use i think they can then set two dice colours one for each (not tested) as i have noticed that each character receives their own hot bars.

Yes, good catch. When this happened in game no one had a character selected yet (since we were creating characters), and when I recreated the issue with the above steps there were no characters created yet either.

I had tested a few days ago with one player owning two characters and the colors seemed to work for each as expected, so it's likely related to when no character is selected as you mentioned.

These steps were perfect to recreate the issue. I hadn't been able to recreate this; but I didn't think to try without characters activated.

Thanks,
    JPG

Thread Information