FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 9 of 14 First ... 7891011 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotGun Jolly View Post
    So, its been awhile since I followed any of this. I see updates about the progress, but I do not see any of the actual updates implemented into what I am using. Have the above updates been pushed out yet? Maybe mine has not updated for some reason?
    We have been working on it. I understand things have taken a while. They are taking longer than I would like as well, but because I have a full time day job, and do this when I'm not at work, and then the 4.1 update, things have slowed down. For a quick update, I have the CT working on the GM side. I still need to fix a few things to get it to work on the player side, as well as a few tweaks and bugs I am working on. I am also trying to code differently than I was, because the way I was doing it is what caused this 4.1 transition to be as big of a headache as it was. It is a more streamlined process, but now I am an old dog learning new tricks. All I can say is we are doing our best to get it out. I do understand your getting impatient, and I do appreciate the time you have given us up to this point.
    Wesley Toma-Lee
    Lead Developer
    Nerd Eye Industries
    https://www.nerdeyeindustries.com

Wesley Toma-Lee
    Lead Developer
    Nerd Eye Industries

Quote Originally Posted by statik37 View Post
    Nice! I look forward to trying it out.

Will there be fix on the encoding and update of reference manual as promised times ago?
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    Will there be fix on the encoding and update of reference manual as promised times ago?
    Refresh my memory what you are referring to?
    Last edited by statik37; March 2nd, 2021 at 16:02.
    Wesley Toma-Lee
    Lead Developer
    Nerd Eye Industries

Quote Originally Posted by statik37 View Post
    Refresh my memory what you are referring to?
    Of course.
    • Your modules in Unity still have the encoding issues and special symbols are displayed as boxes. It is matter of replacing the problematic codes/symbols in the XML.
    • There is still zero art from the core rulebook in the Images library and the reference manual.

Also to add again and again (and be ignored again probably) the grief with other implementation:
    • Unity - Attribute & Skill boxes are misaligned, looks horrible. I don't know if you are using some absolute or relative way of positioning the number controls, but this should be fixed as it is not that hard. I don't think this inconsistency is OK.
    • Unity - Fonts in PC/NPC sheets in Classic are more readable than they are in Unity. This is very problematic for players with specific screens or poor eyesight. Scaling UI is not the solution, there is way to define how the fonts to look like in terms of size in Unity without impacting the Classic.
    • It is still not clear in NPC sheets which box is for current and which for maximum and what is your idea for tracking Vigor/Resolve. All your NPCs are having 0 in the first box, which I interpret as "GM is adding damage, when it reaches the value of the second box (MAX), the situation is dire". I am not sure about others, but it is common sense to reduce the value rather than adding...
    • You still have basic issues in simple things in libraries - text and number controls are still editable while the window and its contents should be locked... You can check spells and NPCs - notes sections, lists, everything.
    • The NPCs can't be dragged to CT when their sheet is open because it seems to me that you have disabled or hid the shortcut behind the shield icon.

Attached is screenshot, left is Unity, right is Classic.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    Of course.
    • Your modules in Unity still have the encoding issues and special symbols are displayed as boxes. It is matter of replacing the problematic codes/symbols in the XML.
    • There is still zero art from the core rulebook in the Images library and the reference manual.

Also to add again and again (and be ignored again probably) the grief with other implementation:
    • Unity - Attribute & Skill boxes are misaligned, looks horrible. I don't know if you are using some absolute or relative way of positioning the number controls, but this should be fixed as it is not that hard. I don't think this inconsistency is OK.
    • Unity - Fonts in PC/NPC sheets in Classic are more readable than they are in Unity. This is very problematic for players with specific screens or poor eyesight. Scaling UI is not the solution, there is way to define how the fonts to look like in terms of size in Unity without impacting the Classic.
    • It is still not clear in NPC sheets which box is for current and which for maximum and what is your idea for tracking Vigor/Resolve. All your NPCs are having 0 in the first box, which I interpret as "GM is adding damage, when it reaches the value of the second box (MAX), the situation is dire". I am not sure about others, but it is common sense to reduce the value rather than adding...
    • You still have basic issues in simple things in libraries - text and number controls are still editable while the window and its contents should be locked... You can check spells and NPCs - notes sections, lists, everything.
    • The NPCs can't be dragged to CT when their sheet is open because it seems to me that you have disabled or hid the shortcut behind the shield icon.

Attached is screenshot, left is Unity, right is Classic.
    I did address some of these things in my last update. The alignment and text is something that is an issue with Unity. I have been in contact with them, and they said it is something they are working on. It is the exact same code for both, but is being rendered differently.

Also the Vigor and Resolve being 0 is a code error we have already noticed and made corrections to the code. It has been sent up to SW, and they said they will do a hotfix for that issue. I initially changed the DB value for those fields, and they walked me through how to get what I wanted done without having to change those fields.

Which encoding issues are you referring to? I'm sorry, I don't remember this being talked about.

As for the others, we are/will be working on those to get them fixed or updated.
    Wesley Toma-Lee
    Lead Developer
    Nerd Eye Industries

Here is screenshot from the ref.man on the encoding issues. They are everywhere and also in Story pages in Story library for the Vultures of Shem adventure.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey Statik,

I know I asked this before, but I want to make sure that it is not forgotten, but can you make the changes so that players can ADD doom to the doom pile, please? Again, this will cut back on the amount of work the GM needs to do when running this game on FG.

Hello, conected as gm combat tracker works ok, but each time anybody click on the order button or when adding an npc or pc, players have the following message; Using Fantasy grounds unity

ct error.PNG
    Last edited by iolarion; March 14th, 2021 at 09:39. Reason: Attaching image

Thread Information