5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Beginner player looking for a game UK

Hi all,
    I'm a beginner, especially to fantasy grounds software, and I'm looking for a UK based game/group of adventurers to have a bit of fantasy or sci-fi adventure with. I'm from Northern Ireland and I can commit at least one day a week to a game.
    I have liked the idea of role playing games since I was around 14 years old, but never had anyone interested in playing(the person who introduced me to the game was just leaving the scene!). Now as an adult in my 40's I want to commit to the game as the idea of playing has never really left me. I still have all my old AD&D books and also some Pathfinders PDF's which I purchased a wee while ago from Paizo.

Many thanks
    Warren

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Gardener View Post
    Hi all,
    I'm a beginner, especially to fantasy grounds software, and I'm looking for a UK based game/group of adventurers to have a bit of fantasy or sci-fi adventure with. I'm from Northern Ireland and I can commit at least one day a week to a game.
    I have liked the idea of role playing games since I was around 14 years old, but never had anyone interested in playing(the person who introduced me to the game was just leaving the scene!). Now as an adult in my 40's I want to commit to the game as the idea of playing has never really left me. I still have all my old AD&D books and also some Pathfinders PDF's which I purchased a wee while ago from Paizo.

Many thanks
    Warren
    I'm with you, mate, from South Africa, so our time block should be fine, let me know if you're getting traction!

I'm in my late 40's from Wales. I work odd shift patterns but I could make a game once a week, although my schedule would vary. I am a regular face-to-face DM and have literally hundreds of one shot and full campaign 5e FG adventures. Let me know if you'd like to try out one. I'm available on Monday or Tuesday night next week for a three hour session from 8pm.

Hi Booker Grimm, that sounds brilliant, I’m actually moving house at the moment so have to get internet set up etc, but possibly in a week or two?

Hiya. Yeah. We could use skype or discord for a chat channel or just use the in-game direct text chat if you prefer. As I mentioned, my shift pattern varies, but I can give you guys a heads up with plenty of notice of when a session would take place. I would start us at Level 1 and do I one shot adventure first and then move onto a campaign if things go well.

Let me know when you're all set up and I'll get us a date to start. In the meantime feel free to create a level 1 5e character and send me the xml. The one shot takes place in the Forgotten Realms in a mountain, wooded area of the Sword Coast.

Once you guys get sorted out, if there is a space, give me a ping. I'd love to join in.
    My problem is committing as I'm a single parent and most of my free time is thrown at the programming. I feel I'm missing out on the actual RPG hobby though!

So give me a shout and if the times work I'll join in too. If not, I'm sure others will jump at the chance to fill the space!

Maasq
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Download the latest version from the website.
    Support me by becoming a patron on Patreon.

Chat directly about issues or suggest features on the
    Discord channel.
    Post issues on the issue tracker on Github.

Yeah. No problem. We'll look at doing something a week on Monday. Sep 2nd. An 8pm start. I'll direct message you the external ip on the day.

If you are interested just send me an xml of the character you would like to play or we can go with a pre generated party.

Anyone able to make the game tonight?

Aargh! No! Sorry, I just walked in the door from work and need to do dinner, ironing and getting the kids ready for school tomorrow.
    Sorry, mate I totally forgot; I had a course tonight.

Maasq
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Download the latest version from the website.
    Support me by becoming a patron on Patreon.

Chat directly about issues or suggest features on the
    Discord channel.
    Post issues on the issue tracker on Github.

Thread Information