FG Spreadshirt Swag

LFG Mature player since 70s Looking for 2E/CoC/DCC/C&C weekly/biweekly maybe 5e

Hello, I am jonesing for some FG. I was in a C&C group for past couple of years until it ended last summer. (missing your game Mario!) I have not really found a new game. I really enjoy more old school RPG's and groups bent more on roleplaying then "Min Max" meta gaming. I still have my original red box, and have been playing since original AD&D. I played for many years teen to 20's in AD&D and 2nd edition, and was a GM for CoC for a number of years. I was a regular at gaming conventions during the same time. However after that period I drifted from dice gaming for a few decades. I have been playing online games since LPMuds...so I guess that dates me, but have played a number of MORPGS. I really really enjoyed my experience with a Castle and Crusades group, and was sad to see it end, and have wanted another FG fix. I recently have come across DCC "Dungeon Crawl Classics" and am extremely intrigued with it. I am a family guy so my dates and times are limited. I am most Avail on Fri/Sat/Sun and EASTERN friendly game times. I try to be a dependable player. Usually have to be up early most weekdays. Looking to find a group of friendly and mature players in any of these systems. Thanks.
    Last edited by Hawker73; May 17th, 2019 at 03:22.

I play in a Sunday night C&C Game, 7:30EST-10pm weekly. We could use another steady player. All over 40 (most pushing or past 50yrs old). Current campaign is somewhat new (I think we've been playing less than a year in this campaign, I think we might be level 2-3). We have all been playing together for a long time, and we all have played with Mario some time back (Mario played in my weekly game for a while).

PM me for more info.

Hi,

I'm an older player looking to get back into the game myself. I was big into 1st/2nd ed back in the 80s/90s but have been a little more off than on with the gaming the last couple of decades. I'm looking for a steady game to get back in to with some mature players who enjoy good role playing. If you have room another dependable player, who is generally easy going and laid back, PM me. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Hawker73 I might have something 2e or C&C, but it won't be until mid-September at this point.

Where I live we only get about 10 weeks of summer in the best of years (and so far this isn't one of them) so I take most of June/September and all of July and August off from gaming.

It's also really nice to get a break from things and rejuvenate the desire for weekly gaming through some time away.

So, I'll reach out in late summer, if the opportunity is there. Hope you find something in the meantime though.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Guess I will jump on this thread too XD

I see that you are interested in eastern friendly times so might not be for you but I'll throw it out there anyway.

I run a weekly C&C/2e Hybrid game on Sunday Nights at 6pm PDT- about 9pm PDT give an hour for narrative stop points but no later than 10pm.

We started the campaign about a year ago and have been going strong with the same core members.

With the official release of 2e I do plan on switching to that system once this campaign hits a good stopping point, but that is at least 3-6 months from now.

The campaign has a constant ebb and flow of role play vs combat depending on what the party chooses to do, so I can't give a specific percentage.

The last 3 sessions for instance have had 0 combat.

The game is a sandbox style where players actions and backstories drive the narrative as much as the quests that I have prepared ahead of time. The setting is Forgotten Realms.

If you want to know more shoot me a PM and we can talk, else I wish you the best of luck finding a group to play with.
    "My campaigns are multi layered tapestries upon which I texture themes and subject matter which quite frankly would be to strong for your hobbiest gamer."
    -Doug Dougalson

Fantasy Grounds License: Ultimate
    Games I Run: AD&D 2nd Ed
    Currently Running: AD&D 2E (Forgotten Realms)
    Games I play: Any~
    Converted Modules: Faiths & Avatars (2e), Demihuman Deities (2e), Tome of Magic (2e), Dragon Mountain (2e)
    Current Projects: None
    Created Content: AD&D 2E NPC generator Module

Hi Hawker, I recently joined a 2e game set in the Forgotten Realms that starts this Friday evening 8 PM PST. So far only 4 players (last I checked). As you may remember, 5+ is better for 2e.

I don't have the details in front of me right at the moment when I get home I can PM you the details if you are interested.

Speak to Merell when you get a chance if you're interested in 2E. I could be wrong, but I'm assuming davann is one of the guys in the group I'm in. It'll likely start this week or next week, depending on players and how prepared we are.
    “The line between the Light and the Darkness is not always so thin, for Good can come of wrong just as Evil may show from right. But sometimes...the Ends justify the Means”.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    So, I'll reach out in late summer, if the opportunity is there. Hope you find something in the meantime though.
    Thank you man, I appreciate that, and look forward to it. That is probably for the best depending on the day. I am a swim team dad so things are about to get hectic during the week. Your games have been highly recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by davann View Post
    I don't have the details in front of me right at the moment when I get home I can PM you the details if you are interested.
    Yes, please.

Thread Information