Starfinder Playlist

Unlicensed player access to rule info

I just bought an Ultimate license. My plan was to set up games with my friends and family, who are new to D&D 5e, and would able to play with the demo version only.

That part worked fine. However, I found out that when my unlicensed players are on my game, they can't access the rules for creating players that I have access to. For instance, they can't drag in the class "druid" onto their character sheet because it isn't there. They have to do everything manually and without my assistance because they don't have that access even though I do. They can't even access info about spell and equipment.

Did I work this out correctly or am I missing something.

CD

Blog Entries
    Did you share the Core Class Pack with them?
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

As JohnD says open your library, click on the modules button and find the DD PHB Deluxe. Now drag the green tick from the bottom left of that window and drop it on the empty space beside the book icon. When your players join your copy of the PHB will download to their computers and they will be able to open it up from their own library and use it just like you can. Be aware it may take a wee while to download depending on your and their connection speeds.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Zacchaeus does DD PHB come with the Ultimate license? Because it is not there in my module options. Does it need to be purchased?

I did try share a module called DD5RB which has most of the info from the PHB but I was only able share specific pages. This was not helpful to my player. I had heard that I would have complete PHB and MM. That would be nice.

No, the PHB does not come with any license. That and any core rule book (PHB, DMG,MM) are all separate purchases. What does come with the license is the SRD. This is a cut down version of the three core books. You also get the basic rules which only includes 4 classes.

You can share the entire SRD which includes the classes with your players in the same way as I described above.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

As has been mentioned above, you need to give the players access to the relevant library modules (don't allow access to everything, just the specific library modules for the players that you want to use for your game). And then the players will need to open those library modules.

Information on the library and module activation is available in the Wiki here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Library And also the user manual available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filel...UserManual.pdf
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you all! Appreciate the help.

Oops! I followed the instructions and it worked, except my player couldn't see it because I had forgotten to have him open the module in his library. However I did something rash before I figured that out and tried to export the file and now I can't find the DD5E SRB rules in my own library! I tried to see if this would reload by logging and trying to update but to no avail. Any ideas about how to get this back?

Go into your modules folder and find the DD5E SRD in there and delete it. When you restart FG you should have the SRD back.

Yay! Thanks again Zacchaeus!

Thread Information