DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 20 of 28 First ... 101819202122 ... Last

Thread: Effects library

Hello all
    I've got 2 questions for the effect experts !

1) Is it possible to delay the begining of an effect ? For instance let's take the example of a "delayed fireball" that will explode 3 rounds after it has been cast, or the effect of a poison that would occur 1 hour after it has been applied... I did not find anything on that
    2) I have noticed that the DMGTYPE effect doesn't work when it's placed after a conditional tag. For exemple "IFT: ALIGN(evil); DMGTYPE: force" does not work (though it's ok when placed alone)... Am I doing something wrong ?

Thank you for your lightenings, dear fellows
    JDRVIRTUEL: Le JdR virtuel en français - https://www.jdrvirtuel.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Markjan View Post
    1) Is it possible to delay the begining of an effect ? For instance let's take the example of a "delayed fireball" that will explode 3 rounds after it has been cast, or the effect of a poison that would occur 1 hour after it has been applied... I did not find anything on that
    For short duration delays... Set up an effect with a timer and then apply the damage when the timer runs out... the combat tracker is not effective when it comes to 'hours' the time frame is just too long to be functional with rounds. Do it manually.

I'm not sure about your second question offhand.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Is there a way to create a simple construct trait that are on things like Homunculus or Iron cobra's NPC/monster cards to an effect that works on a PC character effect? I have a player with a Homunculus and we put it on a Character sheet ot make it more manageable but the sheer number of immunities needed to make fill up the combat tracker area. Would be nice if their was a prebuilt one with something like one of these?
    1. Construct
    2. Construct immunities
    3. Immune construct traits

Ultimate License Owner
    Member: THAC0 group

There is already one (as shown in the wiki here): "Construct traits". Note that the only effect this has is "IMMUNE: nonlethal", as all the other construct traits can't be represented as effects in Fantasy Grounds.

Thanks for the response ...

I knew about that one but could find no effect that it had ...didn't try non-lethal damage though so that would explain why it said it was "construct traits" but I would have thought it would have built into it others like ...
    DR: 5 adamantine; IMMUNE: death; IMMUNE: disease; IMMUNE: mind-affecting; IMMUNE: necromancy; IMMUNE: paralysis; IMMUNE: poison; IMMUNE: sleep; IMMUNE: stun; IMMUNE: fatigue; IMMUNE: exhaustion

Was hoping it could be built into it and not so many needed to be created to that it fills up the combat tracker effects area under the creature. Like it could be incorporated in the current "construct traits" header. This is what i'm asking if it can happen?

Ultimate License Owner
    Member: THAC0 group

The ruleset adds to 2 specific tags that will actually affect the rolls within the ruleset for 3.5E and Pathfinder. (specifically, "IMMUNE: nonlethal" and "IMMUNE: critical") Otherwise, the other immunities do not impact any rolls.

I could not find the "DR: 5 adamantine" mentioned in the Construct traits for either system.
    https://www.d20srd.org/srd/typesSubtypes.htm
    https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mo...gs/constructs/

Regards,
    JPG

Is there a mostly complete module of Pathfinder effects somewhere?

Classic & Unity Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by swbuza View Post
    Is there a mostly complete module of Pathfinder effects somewhere?
    There are a couple of effects and actions library listed here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post120187

Always look for modules in the modules thread!

I doubt if you'll ever get an (even) mostly complete module - Pathfinder brings out so much material each month that it's virtually impossible to keep up and you'll find community members will mostly create modules for what they need, and update as appropriate.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

@swbuza, As Trenloe said, there are so many different effects and different needs that it would be difficult to include everything. Were there specific effects you were looking at making or is there something we can help you with?
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

I was just thinking of things like Barbarian powers, Paladin Smite, and your kind of standard effects (shaken, prone, etc.). that kind of thing.

Classic & Unity Ultimate License Holder

Thread Information