DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 74 of 74 First ... 2464727374
    Tales From the Yawning Portal error/typo:

Attachment 18350

All the adventures ->Story Template->The Yawning Portal: background misspelled as backround.

Hi carolin welcome to FG and to the community.

Thanks for taking the time to report his. I'll add it to my list of things to fix.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

LMoP Errors - Ruins of Thundertree

I've noticed numerous errors in Lost Mine of Phandelver. I've been running my family through it, and often have to check the printed version after seeing a discrepancy. I took the time this morning to go through Ruins of Thundertree and documented the errors from the original book. I focused just on the Story area. My guess is other sections may have similar errors. If there is a better place to report this, let me know - I'm still new to FG

Story
    • P3-06.01 - In the DM description, a period is missing after the word roof.
    • P3-06.05 Under Awarding Experience Points, it should be 200 XP in the text. The encounter link is correct.
    • P3-06.06 - In the DM Text, the last words of the last sentence are not in the box, so when you click to send to chat, it doesn't send the whole block. The words missing are "the trees on the north side of the road."
      -Also the word "Webs" on the 2nd paragraph after encounter link should be bolded and italicized per original text.
      -In the treasure header section, the term potion of healing should be italicized per original text.
    • P3-06.07 The first word Cottage on the last paragraph before Treasure subsection needs to be bolded and italicized
      -Under Treasure, scroll of misty step and scroll of lightning bolt should be italicized per original text.
    • P3-06.08 The encounter should only have 2 ash zombies not 4. The experience listed in the text is correct, just the linked encounter needs to be changed to 2 instead of 4.
    • P3-06.10 In the DM text, the word leaning towards the end should not be capitalized.
    • P3-06.11 The text under Awarding Experience Points is incorrect. It should be 250 XP. The linked encounter is correct.
    • P3-06.12 The text under Awarding Experience Points is incorrect. It should be 150 XP. The linked encounter is correct.
    • P3-06.13 2nd paragraph under the Encounter link, only cultists should be bolded not 'human' per original text.
      -The pre-placement tokens for the encounter is incorrect per the description that says they are all hiding in the house. To fix the placement to match the description, I would recommend the following tweaks: Move Cultist 1 next to Cultist 5 on the map next to the door. Move Cultist 3 and 4 from outside, to inside the building next to the door. Move Cultist 2 in the middle of the southern room next to Favric.
      - The image for the Cultist is missing from the Image library, even though its in the paper booklet.
      -Under Roleplaying the Cultists, there is a typo in the second paragraph. Instead of "Tithe characters express..." it should be "If the characters express..."
      -Under Treasure, potion of flying should be italicized per original text.
      - The Parcel for this encounter is incorrect. It's supposed to be 3 diamonds worth 100 GP each and the potion of flying. This parcel incorrectly lists 6 lustrous amethysts
      - The text under Awarding Experience Points is incorrect. It should be 150 XP. The linked encounter is correct.

Thanks Beldak; I'll add all of this to the list. And this is the best place to report errors.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

LMoP Errors - Wyvern Tor & Cragmaw Castle

OK, here are some additional corrections I've found in Part 3 of LMoP:

• P3-7 Wyvern Tor - There is an extra line break that needs to be removed in the Orc Camp subsection. There shouldn't be a break between "can attempt one DC 15...." and "Wisdom (Perception) check..."
      Last sentence before Treasure section - typo of "arcs" instead of "orcs".
    • P3-08.01 - Extra line break in Developments section between "The goblins also should loudly..." and "...enough to alert their comrades.."
      In the Disguised Characters section towards the bottom, "If at least half the characters win the contest, the deception is a success." Per the written book, this should be "If at least one character wins the contest, the deception is a success."
    • P3-08.04 - Awarding Experience Points at the end needs to be a Header.
    • P3-08.06 Under Encounter, the word hobgoblins should be bolded per original text.
      One of the pre-placement Hobgoblins is incorrect. It's outside the castle in error. All 4 need to be inside the room per the text.
      Under Treasure section, there is an extra space in the word longswords that needs to be removed.
      The Parcel is incorrect. The text talks about the Quarterstaff is special (lighter and worth more), however the Parcel contains a standard Quarterstaff. I suggest creating a new Item in the "Weapon - DD Lost Mine of Phandelver" called Quarterstaff (Engraved) with same stats of standard Quarterstaff but with the lighter weight and increased cost to match the text.
    • P3-08.07 - The Encounter here is slightly off. Yegg should be worth 50 XP, like a regular Goblin, which then the math would be correct so the entire encounter is worth 400 XP as it states in the original text.
    • P3-08.08 - In the DM text, right before the last sentence, a cat apparently walked on the keyboard and inserted "#zft;" before the last sentence.
      Under encounter, the word "pets" is incorrectly plural. It should just be "pet" per original text. Similarly, the next sentence should be "grick" and not gricks.
      Next sentence should start with "It quietly observes.." instead of "They quietly observe..." The last sentence of this paragraph that says "...are terrified of Lhupo's pets..." , pets should not be plural.
      In the Treasure section, 2nd paragraph, "detect magic" should be italicized per original text. Same with the word "augury" further down.
    • P3-08.09 First paragraph, the name of the goblin god is misspelled, it should be Maglubiyet per original text. This misspelling occurs again in the paragraph right after the Encounter link. Right after that sentence, the word "grick" should not be plural.
    • P3-08.10 - In the DM text box, 2nd to last sentence should end with a period, not a underscore. "...sheltered from direct outside attack. Arrow slits ten feet above..."
    • P3-08.12 The linked encounter and the below text are incorrect. This should only be 2 hobgoblins per original text.
    • P3-08.13 - The paragraph after the Encounter link shouldn't have a paragraph break after the sentence "..doesn't know what to do with it yet." - In the Treasure section, "potion of healing", "scroll of silence", and "scroll of revivify" should all be italicized per original text.
    • P3-08.14 The last paragraph before Developments section, the word commoner should be bolded per original text, "a dwarf commoner". I highly recommend adding an NPC, Gundren Rockseeker (Prisoner) in this Encounter following the commoner stat block, and 0 HP as suggested in the text and pre-place him next to the table and make him Neutral faction. That way, Vyerith or Grol could kill Gundren as part of the combat.
      In Developments, there is a bad typo "tries to kill Gundren and fiec with the map.." should be "flee with the map".
      In the Treasure section, potions of healing should be italicized per original text.
      In the Returning War Band section, the word "War" should have a capital W. In this Returning War Band section, in the first paragraph, hobgoblins, hobgoblin, and wolves are all bolded in their introduction. Also there needs to be a link here to Encounter P3-08.XX. Returning War Band

Zacchaeus, is there any possibility of getting access to the raw files where I could submit corrections? I'd like to get this whole adventure up to snuff, and I have the original book. The time it takes me to write out all my notes to post here, and then someone over there has to make all the corrections off of my notes, could just as easily be done fixing the original files and submitting them for inclusion. Like, I'm wondering if they can be placed on some kind of private code repository with version control for this module where I can submit changes. I think that would save us all a lot of time.
    US East Coast-Based DM - Ultimate Licence Holder

Thanks for your reports Beldak; I'll add these to the list. Unfortunately for all sorts of copyright reasons I can't release any files to you - and updating them isn't just as easy as you might think anyway

Time to retire this thread and start a new one. All issues in this thread have been noted and most have been fixed and included in the March 2017 update.

Thread Information