Starfinder Playlist
Page 7 of 39 First ... 5678917 ... Last

Quote Originally Posted by gandalfmagic View Post
    Hello everybody,
    first things first, let me express my sincere gratitude for this translation project. Great Job!

Then, I've just finished translating Italian version of CoreRPG, 5E DnD, DOE: Base, DOE: Locations, and DOE: Organisations
    I've used all the resources I've foud in this thread to translate as many strings as possible.

To all the italian players: please, let me know if you find errors!
    Excellent! Welcome aboard gandalmagic and well done!

One small issue: the LPak Framework has two <description> tags and two <announcement> tags - one each for Rulesets and one each for Extensions. But we only need one of each in the final extension.xml file, so (as the Framework Instructions indicate) we need to delete the inappropriate/unneeded <description> and <announcement> tags from the final LPak.

I've made these changes and updated the 5 LPaks you posted, so there is nothing to worry about, but I thought I'd mention it for future reference.

Again, Well Done! Five at once is simply awesome!

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

LPak Index And Status - Part 2

This page is a continuation of the LPak Index And Status from Post #2 and contains a table listing the Extensions the Project/Program is covering cross-referenced with the Languages the Project/Program is translating for.

Each entry in the table acts as both a Status Notification for the relevant LPak and an Index to a Post within this Thread where that particular LPak (or details about its progress) can be found.

Each entry will have one of these Statuses:
    • Current: The LPak is finished and can be found on the linked Post.
    • Not Current: The LPak is finished but the Ruleset or Extension has been updated since the LPak was produced. A Contributor is required to update the LPak.
    • Updating: The Not Current LPak is being updated by one or more Contributors.
    • Started: One or more Contributors are currently performing the Translations.
    • Not Started: The LPak requires a Contributor to do the Translations.

Extensions
    Extension Resource Archive Chinese French German Italian Spanish
    DOE: Base Post #5 Not Started Post #52 - Not Current Post #26 - Current Post #60 - Not Current Not Started
    DOE: Alignment Graph Post #5 Not Started Not Started Not Started Not Started Not Started
    DOE: Campaign Style Graph Post #5 Not Started Not Started Not Started Not Started Not Started
    DOE: Locations Post #5 Not Started Post #58 - Not Current Post #26 - Current Post #60 - Not Current Not Started
    DOE: OLE Post #5 Not Started Not Started Post #128 - Current Not Started Not Started
    DOE: Organisations Post #6 Not Started Post #56 - Not Current Post #26 - Current Post #60 - Not Current Not Started
    DOE: Sound Post #6 Not Started Not Started Post #26 - Current Not Started Not Started
    DOE: Weather Post #6 Not Started Not Started Post #26 - Current Not Started Not Started
    Last edited by dulux-oz; December 13th, 2016 at 06:17.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Just out of interest (and a bit off topic) but do the various Language/Cultural groups have dedicated Forums or Threads? IE is there a French FG Forum, or a German Thread on these forums?

Also, if there are dedicated Forums/Threads, how much "cross-pollination" between them and between them and these Forums exist? For example, do those forums know about the LPak Project?

One of the reasons I ask is that while there seems to be plenty of enthusiasm for the LPaks but there doesn't seem to be many people downloading them - certainly nowhere near the number of people who said last yeat that they'd like something like this.

So I was wondering.

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    Excellent! Welcome aboard gandalmagic and well done!

One small issue: the LPak Framework has two <description> tags and two <announcement> tags - one each for Rulesets and one each for Extensions. But we only need one of each in the final extension.xml file, so (as the Framework Instructions indicate) we need to delete the inappropriate/unneeded <description> and <announcement> tags from the final LPak.

I've made these changes and updated the 5 LPaks you posted, so there is nothing to worry about, but I thought I'd mention it for future reference.

Again, Well Done! Five at once is simply awesome!

Cheers
    Thank you,
    I'm updating my source files for future translations.

Just out of interest (and a bit off topic) but do the various Language/Cultural groups have dedicated Forums or Threads? IE is there a French FG Forum, or a German Thread on these forums?

Also, if there are dedicated Forums/Threads, how much "cross-pollination" between them and between them and these Forums exist? For example, do those forums know about the LPak Project?

One of the reasons I ask is that while there seems to be plenty of enthusiasm for the LPaks but there doesn't seem to be many people downloading them - certainly nowhere near the number of people who said last yeat that they'd like something like this.

So I was wondering.

Cheers
    Today I spread some infos to that projekt in several german RPGT forums, so lets see if that increases the downloads of the german paks

Currently i would wait for completion of Phase 3 before starting a campaing in my native language, because i dont want to have a mix german and english texts, either 100% german (which i would absolutly prefer, because it is my native language) or 100 % english.

What i also noticed is, that the a lot of the german rpg campaings i saw (at least in www.drachenzwinge.de, one of the biggest german RPG forums) were DSA campaigns.
    This realy good ruleset, was one of the first (the first?) original german rpg rulesets and the german community allready created a ruleset for fantasyground for that, with german texts as default textresources ...

Quote Originally Posted by drvolk View Post
    Currently i would wait for completion of Phase 3...
    On that, are we ready to (ie do we want to) start in on Phase 2? Phase 2 is all about getting the Language-dependent-graphics sorted - this means that our translators will need to have a deft hand at doing graphics (something which I, alas, have absolutely no aptitude for).

What do the Project Team think (or for that matter, people who are not yet part of the Project Team but would like to join/help) ?
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

On that, are we ready to (ie do we want to) start in on Phase 2? Phase 2 is all about getting the Language-dependent-graphics sorted - this means that our translators will need to have a deft hand at doing graphics (something which I, alas, have absolutely no aptitude for).

What do the Project Team think (or for that matter, people who are not yet part of the Project Team but would like to join/help) ?
    For me it would be great if we could start with Phase2 for the LPaks which are completed allready the Phase1.

I saw that there is a "CoreRPG Assets" File in the Wiki with some "raw" graphics for the banners and sidebars and a font.
    My first problem for that is, i dont have adobe photoshop but gimp (gimp could not load the layering information from the photoshop file).

If we could get the graphic layers and fonts for each graphic which uses texts in it for each rulesets than it would be not too hard to create the translated graphic.
    If not we have to decide which fonts we want to use/we allowed to use , maybe for each ruleset ?

Blog Entries
    drvolk - could you link me to those assets?

I've just written a post on the main RPG forum (IMO) here in Italy. I've briefly explained this project, and warned the users about using the translaton on existing campaigns (duplicated text and other minor glitches).
    I've also asked to spread the word to other forums/blogs.

PS. I've also asked the users to treat the translations as BETA releases, helping translators to find errors.

Thread Information