Starfinder Playlist
Page 4 of 7 First ... 23456 ... Last

Thread: Release v3.1.2

HoloGnome,

The load order for rulesets, modules and extensions is directory, then PAK/MOD/EXT, then secured content vault.

It is recommended that any modifications that you make to any SmiteWorks provided rulesets or extensions be made as an extension.

If you customize the ruleset directly, it will either be overwritten (if saved as PAK) or you will not see any updates (if saved as directory) since the directory overrides the PAK file provided by the updater.

Regards,
    JPG

I haven't messed with any PAK changes and I have no radial menu on my Dice Tower in 5E.

kylania,

That's a known bug, and has been submitted to Smiteworks.

BoomerET
    No signature needed, please leave parcel on the porch.

Just saw this reported in another thread. It appears to only affect 5E from what is reported so far.

I will be investigating.

Regards,
    JPG

The issue was that I had a directory-based ruleset and didn't realize that it was an override. Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Looks like it's not working for 5E.
    Indeed, Dice tower isn't displaying for me.
    "We adore chaos because we love to produce order."
    M.C. Escher

"Let's face it: for some people, roleplaying is a serious challenge, a life-or-death struggle."
    J. M. Caparula / Scott Haring

"It emerges that physics is basic but inessential; that is the crucial fact."
    Wolfgang Smith

With the new option "turn: skip hidden npc" I can't seem to hide the npc from the combat tracker anymore and have it shown on the map while still letting it have its turn when that setting is on.

Intended setup
    NPC: hidden from combat tracker, shown on the map <- will skip the npc. I would like in this situation for the npc to still have it's turn (visible npc but not shown on the combat tracker. To for example keep the name hidden(haven't seen another way to do that for example))
    NPC: hidden from combat tracker, hidden on the map <- is skipping the npc and should stay that way (invisible npc and get it skipped in turn order so people don't know there is an extra target around)
    NPC: shown on the combat tracker, shown on the map <- not skipped

If this is possible I would like to know how or otherwise maybe see this possibility implemented. This is in regards to PFRPG ruleset.
    Last edited by Togainu; July 28th, 2015 at 08:26.

It's all or nothing, I'm afraid. You have to decide if skipping is more annoying than not skipping hidden people on the tracker. It depends on your GM style.

Quote Originally Posted by Togainu View Post
    NPC: hidden from combat tracker, shown on the map <- will skip the npc. I would like in this situation for the npc to still have it's turn (visible npc but not shown on the combat tracker. To for example keep the name hidden(haven't seen another way to do that for example))
    When I have an NPC that I don't want the players to see the name of, I simply change the name in the Combat Tracker after dragging the NPC there, but before making it visible to the players. I'll call it something descriptive instead (eg "Grey-skinned humanoid"), and that will also be the name that pops up on the tooltip - but it won't change the name on the original NPC record.

Quote Originally Posted by Togainu View Post
    As Callum mentions, even having the token invisible on the combat tracker but visible on the map won't help hide the name - if the players hover their mouse over the token a tooltip will appear showing the name. So, use Callum's suggestion of changing the creature name.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information