5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    It's your game; do what you want. There's nothing that says you need wide spread approval; as long as the players accept it you're fine.
    Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    I agree with JohnD. I would never use this system in my games, as it's too crunchy for my tastes. But if you and your players dig it, that's all that matters.

You mention this is an "oft disengaging moment". When my players need to rest, they tell me how long they are resting and I push the appropriate button, then we move on, no disengagement necessary. I also rarely use random encounters. If I feel like there should be an encounter to spice things up, then I do it, end of story.
    This is how I run mine as well. Unless there's something interesting to convey during their rest period, or if in a dangerous place, a random encounter pops up, its "OK, you rest and FF 8 or 4 hours...". What's suggested above is too crunchy for my tastes as well. However, if your group likes it, have at it.
    Ultimate License Holder

D&D: A game where a 3 hour walk takes 5 minutes, but a 5 minute battle takes 3 hours.

Thread Information