5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

tableopaudio.com - Free background music/ambiance for your gaming

I've just been voting on the Ennie awards and I come across this website (it's nominated for Best Website): https://tabletopaudio.com

There are currently 47 x 10 minute ambiance/background music made for RPGs. I'll definitely be using some of these in my FG games...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

How do you pipe an extra sound channel into mumble and/or TS?

Currently for TS you have to have a second computer that plays the music, at least that is what I have been told a multitude of times.

I am looking into a different VOIP that says you can run multiple channels from one computer but had a busy weekend so didn't get a chance to try it out. If/When I get it to work I will post full details for all.

There are a number of options. TeamSpeak3 has some music plugins that allow music to be played through a TeamSpeak3 client (the same one the GM is using). This will work fine, but will require the GM to fine tune the volume of the music so everyone can hear the speakers over the music.

I usually run a TeamSpeak3 client on an additional PC (an old laptop). This creates an additional "person" in the TeamSpeak3 channel and so individual users can adjust the volume of the music to their satisfaction. I find this the most flexible, but it of course requires an additional PC or running a VM on the GM PC.

Another option is for the GM to run their voice TS on a tablet/smartphone (connected to local WiFi if available) and use that for voice. Then they could run a TS client on their PC for the music/sound effects.

Yet another options is you can run 2 TS clients on your PC. You need to add a command line option to the shortcut used to launch the TS client: -nosingleinstance to allow you to run more than one TS client on the same PC. You will need to setup an additional identity (Settings -> Identities) otherwise you will get a "Maximum number of connections with the same identity exceeded" error when connecting. You will also need to add a new Profile for capture and playback under Settings -> Options -> Playback/Capture. Then when you connect to the TS server on the "Connect" window click the "More" button and select your identity, Capture Profile and Playback Profile. You'll have to do some fine tuning with the capture and playback settings and usually mute the playback settings for the Music/SFX channel.

UPDATE: It appears that the TeamSpeak client will now support multiple profiles via tabs of the same TS client.
    Last edited by Trenloe; November 1st, 2015 at 19:23.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for the info. I'll see if I can get something up and running for our Tuesday session.

Thought this site and music was pretty cool and under a Creative Commons 4.0 License so I went ahead and downloaded them so I could stream them to players without having to use the website.

Since I can share them however I want ahead and packaged them up for everyone.

https://www.mediafire.com/download/k...qvfx/Music.zip

For playing to other people you can either play over your voip, or if you would rather you can stream it.

I use Open Broadcaster Software ( https://obsproject.com/ ) in conjunction with something like Twitch ( https://www.twitch.tv/ ), however there are tons of alternate streaming methods.
    Last edited by bdf1992; July 22nd, 2014 at 00:29.

This needs to be moved to the Foundry threads so others can find it (or stickied or something), along with the syrinscape information (I subscribed to that great product).

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    This needs to be moved to the Foundry threads so others can find it (or stickied or something), along with the syrinscape information (I subscribed to that great product).
    The Foundry is for "Discussion about the Open Foundation Ruleset project", so that is the wrong thread.

This is currently in the commons which is for "Non-Fantasy Grounds related discussion about gaming." It is vaguely related to Fantasy Grounds as it is a web page of use to gaming with Fantasy Grounds, but the commons is probably the most appropriate thread as all of the other threads are specific to Fantasy Grounds.

I don't think an individual thread like this should be stickied as it would be too easy to end up with many stick threads and then stickies lose their value. If someone puts together a single thread that refers to audio apps/sources that could be of use in FG gaming and other related threads then that should be stickied.
    Last edited by Trenloe; July 27th, 2014 at 04:32.

I meant the Armory, sorry. Why not add at the top a 'Misc playing aids' and put these in there? Good source material like this fades away on this forum all the time. At least in the Armory it would take a lot longer to trickle away.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    I meant the Armory, sorry. Why not add at the top a 'Misc playing aids' and put these in there? Good source material like this fades away on this forum all the time. At least in the Armory it would take a lot longer to trickle away.
    The armory is "A board for campaigns, modules, rulesets, maps, tokens and other community creations." - specifically community creations for use in Fantasy Grounds. Adding tabletopaudio.com, Syrinscape, "Misc playing aids", etc. to the armory is not the right place as these are not Fantasy Grounds community creations.

If someone puts together a single thread that refers to audio apps/sources and other related threads that could be of use in general gaming as well as FG gaming then I can sticky that thread in The Commons forum (where it should be).

Thread Information