5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    You know what I said a while back about people not reading the user guides!
    To be fair there is very, very little in the guide
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...3.5E_NPC_Sheet
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonisop View Post
    To be fair there is very, very little in the guide
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...3.5E_NPC_Sheet
    More here (as referenced above): https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...ive_Subsection
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

See that assumes everyone uses the combat tracker, and you know what they say about assumptions. What about those that do not use the Combat Tracker and would not have thought to look at a feature that you would use after setting up an NPC. Sure it says to format it as the books do, but really a simple explanation in it would help a bunch. I have used FG since 2005 and just now found that I can do (1d6 fire plus 1d6 acid) for the damage on the NPC sheet, using a "+" did not work as I would have expected it to, this would have been easy to explain on the NPC Sheet wiki page.
    This space for rent.

I agree - the wiki tends to be light on detail and there should be a clear explanation with examples about attack/damage syntax for NPCs in the NPC sheet section.

Well, I will state the obvious and say that...it is a wiki, therefore anyone can update it right? If you want it to be better, make it better ;-)

Hmm...Is it obvious? I assumed that it was a company-maintained resource.

Well, technically it is a wiki platform, but it is only editable by SmiteWorks staff. A wiki format was chosen for the ease of publishing and layout, but it does not have the granular permissions we wanted.

I generally prefer managed content over open content. You get better structure/quality, though you miss out some of the drive-by contributions.

If anyone would like to submit content for the wiki, just send me MediaWiki content in a text file, and I will import it.

Cheers,
    JPG

We are open to user contributions to the wiki. They just need to be submitted.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information