5E Character Create Playlist
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    How can I get the user name for the user as he reports himself when he logs into the game? Right now, the docs say:
    Code:
    getUsername

function getUsername( )
    Returns the local user's network username.

Return values

(string)
    The username string
    I don't want the network username but the name he logged into FG with. I see not function to obtain that.
    The name that User.getUsername() returns is the "Username" entered on the "Join Game" screen.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    How can I get the user name for the user as he reports himself when he logs into the game?
    Or use the onLogin event - this gives the username with the event: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/User.xcp#onLogin
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

String control question

With trying to support internationalization, I'm running into problems. I have three controls I need to place side-by-side. First is a checkbox (my other question in Merge rules pertains), then a label string, and a stringcycler. The stringcycler contents and the label need to use string resources. It is easy to align the label to the checkbox. But how do I align the cycler to the label without a gap?

When I look at windowcontrol, it provides a minimum sizelimit tag. If I specify that, will the label auto-adjust the control width so I can anchor the cycler to the right edge of the label?

I have tried to adjust a window height by calling setSize within the window's onInit event, but it is not working. Is there a prohibition on setting window size within its onInit event? I have debugged the routine and confirmed that the size I am setting exceeds the current size, but the window remains the same size.

OK, found my own answer. To have the window resize as it is populated, you have to eliminate the appropriate dimension from the <placement> tag. Thus, if you want the window to expand or shrink vertically, don't put in the height tag. If you want the width fixed, enter the value you want, usually the frame width.

Thread Information