Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistindantacles
    What's interesting, is that when I go to Create Campaign in the client, it lists the different rulesets the dl came with - 3.5 and 4.
    Those rulesets (3.5E and 4E) are packaged differently as a single .PAK file per ruleset and are located in the base installation folder, not the application data folder. As the ADD2 ruleset is a zipped folder, it has to go in the <FG App Data Directory>\rulesets folder.

Confusing, I know, but hope that makes a little bit of sense and you can get it working when you try later. I've downloaded it and it looks good. :-)
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Screenies for it look wonderful. Definitely looking forward to digging into it!

Your explanation does make sense. And I could see why the devs would package it like that ... it's not how *I* would have done it, but it's not my app.

I'll give it a go this evening.

Now ... if oly I could duck out of work with no one noticing...

Blog Entries
    You need to create the rulesets folder it sounds like. It doesn't seem like that would work, but it does. You might consider downloading the OSRIC ruleset also. It is definitely useable as a 2nd edition ruleset if needed.

I believe that ADD ruleset is the one I threw together a few years ago. I wanted it for some 1st edition games, but I know very little about building rulesets, so it was insanely buggy. I piggy-backed it on the d20 ruleset, so the NPC fields still have BAB fields, and there is almost no automation. It looks like it has been cleaned up a bit since I last touched it... Very cool!

By the way, I noticed in the screenshot that the character's strength is 15 with 'Exc Str' of 8... That was meant to indicate exceptional strength, the percentage after the 18/xx for fighter-types. Interesting...
    Last edited by leozelig; March 29th, 2013 at 11:48.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD
    Are there any of the source books available with this rule set? How do you add memorized spells? Looks interesting.
    Nope, there is no source books right now.

To add spells you have to add a class to the character. Then in the spells tab under the class add the number of spells per level, and right click in each level to create spells. With left click you can show/hide the spells per level.

Blog Entries
    Hoo... a lot of extra work. Amazing how quickly I've become accustomed to the automation in the other rule sets.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thanks for the feedback, gents. Have installed it and created a new campaign for it. Much obliged!!

The ruleset is under the assumption you have access to the tables and charts. What I like about the manual input for the modifiers is that it easily allows for House Rules.

I am most pleased! Thanks again!!

Thread Information