DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Hmm, what did I miss

I've not been here for a while. Is Griogre up to 10,000 posts yet?

rv

Pff, the slacker isn't even up to 3000 yet.

How long have you been gone?
    "Resolution One: I will live for God. Resolution Two: If no one else does, I still will."
    - Jonathan Edwards

Click here for the latest nWoD ruleset release.

Hey Rich it just wasn't the same without you... - seing how you were no challege anymore I became a sage.

I must admit I am curious what comes after Duke though. Did you finished your WLD game?

How long have I been gone? 6 month-ish? Somewhere there-abouts.

Still playing the WLD game via Fg on Thursday nights. Party is 17th level now and we're heading down the home stretch working on finishing it up. Many minor battles and 3 major ones left (lich, red dragon, huge demon).

rv

Quote Originally Posted by richvalle
    How long have I been gone? 6 month-ish? Somewhere there-abouts.

Still playing the WLD game via Fg on Thursday nights. Party is 17th level now and we're heading down the home stretch working on finishing it up. Many minor battles and 3 major ones left (lich, red dragon, huge demon).

rv
    WOW,... now THERE'S a Campaign Log I'd love to read! How long has it taken you?
    Concentration and dedication are the hallmarks of... Oh! Shiney!!
    CST (GMT -6:00)

So...what does WLD mean? It sounds from your description like D&D, but I can't think of anything that matches those letters.
    "Resolution One: I will live for God. Resolution Two: If no one else does, I still will."
    - Jonathan Edwards

Click here for the latest nWoD ruleset release.

I'm guessing the World's Largest Dungeon adventure. Looks interesting, I should try it one day.

Yes, Worlds Largest Dungeon. We're on 3.5 years and counting. We've not hit every Thursday night in those 3+ years but a vast majority of them. One day I'll have to figure out our cost per usage for FG.

In some ways the WLD is perfect for FG. I can either get or convert each map into a jpg and drop it right into FG. We play the whole game right on the maps by zooming down and dropping each character on. Where ever you are on the map when the fight starts or the trap goes off is where you are. Un-fog the map as needed.

I was trying to write up notes after each nights play but I started to add more and more details and it started taking me way to long. The same with trying to put each critter into FG as a personality. Now I spend about 0 prep time on the game and I just run everything out of the book making whatever hot keys I need for to hit mods and damage.

Its been fun but I'm starting to burn out a bit. I'm looking forward to either someone else running a game or me running something besides 3.5 DnD.

Oh... and I thought about it a bit. I think I stopped coming around here around Gencon time last year as a guess. Its good to see some people are still around.

And how the heck do >I< become a Sage! I was Sagey before Griogre had even heard of Fantasy Grounds!!!

rv

I burned out hard on running high level D&D 3.5. I think the final staw was a fight when I was running the Istivin Adventure path - where - the dogs died, the party died, the girl died, everyone died. It was probably in its way one of the most cinematic fights I have ever run in D&D and at the same time, for me, it exposed all of the flaws of D&D version 3.x. I knew after that fight I was going to 4E or C&C.

Yeah, WLD + FG = dirt cheap entertainment for a looonnngggg time. For those playing 3.5 here's the Wiki entry. It's a very long adventure path dungeon. It's even longer than normal 1-20 path because they had to slow XP progression so you could fight every monster in the SRD and not level too fast. If your group loves dungeon crawls and thinks fighting pretty much everything in the SRD in one campaign would be cool – this is the dungeon for you. I almost ran it, but ended up running Rappan Athuk Reloaded instead.

Well you see, Duke's who hide in their castle for 6 months - don't get the pretty text. I must admit in about 1,000 posts I might resign as sage just to see the next title, LOL.
    Last edited by Griogre; March 24th, 2009 at 22:20.

Thread Information