5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last

Test version available (2.4.0)

Version 2.4.0
    • Implemented a new launcher. You may notice it now relies less on Windows specific components, presents a more uniform user experience across the launcher and the actual game mode, allows increased flexibility such as returning to the launcher if the client connection is lost, as well as allowing us to develop the functionality of the launcher more flexibly in the future.
    • Added the function genericcontrol.hasIcon, which can be used to check if an icon that was set was actually loaded into the control.
    • Added script support for scrolling lists, formatted text controls and image controls. The functions windowcontrol.getScrollState and windowcontrol.setScrollPosition can be used to perform the operations, and the windowcontrol.onScroll handler is available for detecting changes.
    • Parameter coordinates to windowcontrol.onDrag were useless if the position of the receiving control was adjusted during a drag. The parameters are now based on the position of the control at the time the drag was started.
    • Added the bitmapwidget.setSize function to the scripting interface. This allows the implementation of widgets whose dimensions are not dependent on the size of the bitmap image contained inside. The widget frame will be adjusted to this size, and the contained bitmap will be scaled down to fit if it is too large to fit the given bounds.
    • Added a "center" panel & control anchor point. This allows both horizontal and vertical anchors to be set at the center of a window or parent control.
    • Support for local mode extensions was added. When local mode is started with a locally installed ruleset, any compatible extensions also locally installed can be enabled. When browsing campaigns previously played, the extensions enabled by the host on the last session will be automatically loaded.
    This version also features an updated version of the updater, that should remedy issues with some DNS servers, causing the update process to get interrupted prematurely.
    Tero Parvinen
    Fantasy Grounds Guru

Hi,

Thanks for adding a test version!

I just tried the update by loading different campaigns in either Foundation, 4E or d20_JPG rulesets. Works excellent, with the exception that when using d20_JPG v2, and while having the combat tracker open when clicking "return to launcher" (a great function I've been hoping you would add) the program crashes to desktop.
    This does not happen with either Foundation nor D&D 4E rulesets though.

System specs:
    Vista 64bit Business
    4Gb ddr2
    Intel Q6600
    Nvidia 9600gt

error log:
    Code:
    - <Event xmlns="https://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    - <System>
      <Provider Name="Application Error" /> 
      <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID> 
      <Level>2</Level> 
      <Task>100</Task> 
      <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> 
      <TimeCreated SystemTime="2009-03-23T10:55:06.000Z" /> 
      <EventRecordID>8793</EventRecordID> 
      <Channel>Application</Channel> 
      <Computer>xxxxx-PC</Computer> 
      <Security /> 
      </System>
    - <EventData>
      <Data>FantasyGrounds.exe</Data> 
      <Data>0.0.0.0</Data> 
      <Data>49c75ec5</Data> 
      <Data>FantasyGrounds.exe</Data> 
      <Data>0.0.0.0</Data> 
      <Data>49c75ec5</Data> 
      <Data>c0000005</Data> 
      <Data>000668f5</Data> 
      <Data>11a4</Data> 
      <Data>01c9aba4ccd49580</Data> 
      </EventData>
      </Event>

Thanks, some nice new features there. I also like the new button in the launcher for testing that your port is open. That will be a big help for people hosting for the first time.

Spyke
    Free GURPS tools for Fantasy Grounds at www.spyke.me.

Does this include the onDrop fixes mentioned by your post in this thread?

I don't see anything mentioned in the notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenian
    Does this include the onDrop fixes mentioned by your post in this thread?

I don't see anything mentioned in the notes.
    Yes. Thanks for pointing that out.
    Tero Parvinen
    Fantasy Grounds Guru

That token onDrop support for clients works great

Love the new launcher interface too.

I did have trouble getting it to work the first time...my wi-fi dropped out in the middle of the download and rendered my FGII unusable. I had to run the Updater manually to fix the issue.

Looks great... and seems to run a bit faster actually? Have you been tidying up the code?

- Obe
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

Yeah, it seems a bit snappier to me as well. Might just be the new graphics.

I did have one crash already. I was running 2 versions to test client-host features, and when I clicked on the client to exit and return to launcher, it crashed. I had a map and the combat tracker open on both client and host using the 4E_JPG ruleset.

EDIT: It did not crash when I selected exit instead of return to launcher.

Cheers,
    JPG
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; March 23rd, 2009 at 23:50.

One thing I noticed related to the client onDrop capability.

The onDrop feature is working great when the combat tracker is first opened, and it links to the tokens on the map using the populateFromImageNode function.

When tokens are dragged onto the map from the GM combat tracker while the client trackers are open, I'm trying to figure out how to get the token instance linked to the tracker entry.

On the host, the onDragEnd function for the tokenfield object pulls the tokeninstance from the dragdata object.

On the client, the only way I've found to determine that a token has been dragged onto the map is through the imagecontrol onTokenAdded callback function. When this function is called, I tell the client combat tracker window to rebuild all token references using the populateFromImageNode function.

However, it seems that the tokenfield.populateFromImageNode function still returns nil when onTokenAdded is called on the client.

Is this expected behavior? Or any ideas?

Thanks,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by moon_wizard
    On the client, the only way I've found to determine that a token has been dragged onto the map is through the imagecontrol onTokenAdded callback function. When this function is called, I tell the client combat tracker window to rebuild all token references using the populateFromImageNode function.

However, it seems that the tokenfield.populateFromImageNode function still returns nil when onTokenAdded is called on the client.

Is this expected behavior? Or any ideas?
    I tested this and could not get populateFromImageNode to fail. I did run into an issue with imagecontrol.getDatabaseNode. I'll fix it, in the mean time make sure you use tokeninstance.getContainerNode.

If you can come up with an example I could test this with, I'd be happy to have a look at it. A simple extension based on the foundation ruleset might be a nice test case.
    Tero Parvinen
    Fantasy Grounds Guru

Thread Information