FG Spreadshirt Swag

Hunting for an Old D&D Adventure

I could have sworn I had this module, but I'll be darned if I can find it anymore. A looong while back, either Polyhedron or Dungeon magazine had a unique little adventure. Its main character was a level 1 Fighter/Thief/Magic User/Cleric named something like Hugo the Hapless. The other characters actually played magic items, including a sword, boots, bracers, a wand and a ring. They were trying to escape some mountain.

I can not locate this magazine copy anywhere. Can anyone help me out, point me in the right way?
    DM: For reference sake, when a bad guys dies, I'll turn their token over. So an upside down 'A' or 'B' means it's a corpse.
    PC 1: So if we kill a 'M' is it reincarnated as a 'W'?
    PC 2: That damn 'O' just won't die!

Doesn't ring a bell. Your best bet might be to remember anything that is concretely in the adventure and pump it into Google.

Sigurd
    J.R.R. Tolkien wrote, "I wish life was not so short. Languages take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about."

I'm guessing this is pre-3E, by the classes you list. If you can remember the name of the adventure or the main opponents, I should be able to look it up in my Dungeon index.

Yeah, this is an old one, definitly in the AD&D days (I was in high school (89-93) when it came out. The only thing from the title that I can recall is it was one of those "Escape from something something mountain". I definitly know Mountain was in the title...

The google has been letting me down for the past week, which is why I came here to ask for help
    DM: For reference sake, when a bad guys dies, I'll turn their token over. So an upside down 'A' or 'B' means it's a corpse.

The adventure you are looking for appeared in Polyhedron 38 and is called "Escape from Demoncoomb Mountain".

*flexes his google muscle*

Hot diggity, thanks! I have no idea why it never showed up on my google searches...my google-fu is weak lately.

Thread Information